#8 TYLER MORGAN 3 0 1 1 0 0

#1 TYLER EGLIAN 2 0 0 0 0 2

#20 ROBERT HILES 2 0 1 1 0 1

#2 JOHNKELLY RAMIREZ 2 0 0 0 0 1

#35 Cameron Faehr 0 0 0 0 0 0

#12 ALEX MCGARR 0 1 0 0 0 0

#13 TREY MARTIN 1 0 0 0 0 0

Totals 24 2 4 2 0 7

E- #1 TYLER EGLIAN (1), #35 Cameron Faehr (2)

Sac- #10 AJ QUATKEMEYER (1)

SB- #18 KAMERON SCHWARTZ (1)

Doug Teegarden did not have his best stuff last night. To defend is the action of protecting oneself, one's plate, or one's allotted part of the playing area against an opponent's attacks. Boone made mistakes and Ryle took advantage of them.

Congrats to a very good Ryle team for the win.

Doug Teegarden did not have his best stuff last night. To defend is the action of protecting oneself, one's plate, or one's allotted part of the playing area against an opponent's attacks. Boone made mistakes and Ryle took advantage of them.

Congrats to a very good Ryle team for the win.

Ryle played a good game and Downs did a great job, but when was the last time you saw Teegarden give up 4 walks in a game much less four innings? The plate was very very very small when Boone was on defense and this is not the first time it has happened with the same person looking at the plate. If I was coach HUff it would be the last time!! I know I will catch it from a lot of people but this is how I feel about it and I do not care what anyone else has to say. The last time I checked the actual plate does not grow or shrink. Sorry, but I really do feel a little better at this moment!!

Ryle played a good game and Downs did a great job, but when was the last time you saw Teegarden give up 4 walks in a game much less four innings? The plate was very very very small when Boone was on defense and this is not the first time it has happened with the same person looking at the plate. If I was coach HUff it would be the last time!! I know I will catch it from a lot of people but this is how I feel about it and I do not care what anyone else has to say. The last time I checked the actual plate does not grow or shrink. Sorry, but I really do feel a little better at this moment!!

To be clear, you're saying it was smaller when Teegarden was pitching than when Downs was pitching?

I get that but was it smaller for your pitcher than Ryle's pitcher?

Small is fine as long as it's called consistently.

Who was the plate ump?

It was not called consistently and I do not know who the guy was behind the plate. I believe the kids call it being "squeezed". It's over and done, I feel better and today is another day.

It was not called consistently and I do not know who the guy was behind the plate. I believe the kids call it being "squeezed". It's over and done, I feel better and today is another day.

Ridiculous. The plate was called the same for both pitchers. Claim all you want that it was a tight plate (I didn't think it was), but it was no tighter for Teegarden than it was for Downs. Downs outpitched Teegarden, pure and simple. Give the Ryle pitcher credit and quit making excuses. Teegarden is a heckuva player and heckuva pitcher, but he didn't have his best stuff in this one (did the umpire also cause the wild pitches that allowed a couple runs to score?) and Downs did.

I haven't gotten to see Downs at all this year, how has he looked this far?

Downs is a very, very good pitcher. Throws hard, terrific curveball, great control, and nice presence on the mound. Without question, has to be one of the top (if not the top) pitchers in NKY.