Elway and Tebow are pretty much calling each other liars...

On Wednesday, multiple reports indicated that the Broncos were allowing quarterback Tim Tebow to choose between the Jets and the Jaguars. After the trade went down, Tebow claimed otherwise.

In a late-night media conference call, Tebow said that he “didn’t have any [say]” in his destination, and that the Broncos had “all that power.”

Broncos V.P. of football operations John Elway begs to differ.

“There was more [offered] from Jacksonville, but I think that we looked at it and it was close enough, and we were in contact with Tim throughout the day, and talked to him,” Elway told ESPN Radio in Denver on Thursday, via Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post. “He knew what was going on the whole time. The reports that he was not involved are not accurate.”

It’s more than “reports” that Tebow wasn’t involved. Tebow said so himself.

Elway, Tebow differ on whether quarterback chose Jets | ProFootballTalk

Why does Tebow have a reason to lie? Particularly when family said his preference was Jacksonville.

My money's on Elway lying. Lot's of fans of Tebow still in Denver that may not be happy with him if he's treated their boy badly.

Why does Tebow have a reason to lie? Particularly when family said his preference was Jacksonville.

My money's on Elway lying. Lot's of fans of Tebow still in Denver that may not be happy with him if he's treated their boy badly.

He doesn't want anyone to be mad at him for choosing NYJ.

I heard today that his brother is loony about promoting Brand Tebow and is responsible for him being "out" with Taylor Swift et al. What better place to build the brand?

C'mon! Elway has no reason to lie? Really? The man just bundled off the player that actually got fans excited about his team again...and he's been openly dismissive of Tebow's future as a starter. Then, he trades for a 4th round draft pick, making it look like he doesn't place one iota of value on Tebow....

My money's on Tebow for the truth.

C'mon! Elway has no reason to lie? Really? The man just bundled off the player that actually got fans excited about his team again...and he's been openly dismissive of Tebow's future as a starter. Then, he trades for a 4th round draft pick, making it look like he doesn't place one iota of value on Tebow....

My money's on Tebow for the truth.

But once he got rid of him what's in it for him to lie? Nothing.

People who are saying Elway is lying to placate fans after he traded Tebow aren't thinking that through very well. After all, why would they (the fans) care about the reasons? It's that he's not there in the first place that will upset them. And that's already done.

Then maybe Elway wasn't as completely forthcoming with Tebow as he'd like us to believe.

I don't even get what that means?

You've only listed the "whys" of the trade (Elway didn't want him/didn't draft him/doesn't think he can play) and not the "why" of the supposed lie. Once he got even one taker your reasoning is no longer valid for a lie.

I don't really think there is much of a lie here. Tebow said he didn't have any say in the matter really as far as where he went and Elway is saying they kept Tebow in the loop as to what Denver was doing. It's not like Elway said "we did what Tim told us would be best for him", he said that they kept him in the know as to what was going on. A lot of hype about nothing IMO.