Trinity 71 Scott County 53

Game was not really in doubt after a strong first half run by Trinity and then they just kept pushing the lead in the second half. Trinity becomes the first team to get both a football title and the Sweet 16 title in the same school year. Trinity was the picture of dominance for most of the year and the entirety of this tournament. Congrats Trinity!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be one of the smallest crowds I can remember in a long time at the final game. Tons of empty seats in lower arena and upper deck pretty empty. Lack of statewide interest in these two teams and another game going on in Louisville that everyone interested in.

Congrats to Trinity! You could pretty much tell on after Thursday night that no one would be able to compete with the Shamrocks. Didn't figure there would be a "championship" crowd tonight. Can't wait until next year!

Has to be one of the smallest crowds I can remember in a long time at the final game. Tons of empty seats in lower arena and upper deck pretty empty. Lack of statewide interest in these two teams and another game going on in Louisville that everyone interested in.

Similar to the '92 final. Lex Cath vs UHA while UK was playing Duke in the Elite 8.

Congrats to Trinity. Wire to wire. Best team won, no doubt.

Highlight of game for me was Scott Co student section midway thru 4th after conclusion was obvious chanting "you recruited".

Thought I would swallow my gum!

Congrats to Trinity! You could pretty much tell on after Thursday night that no one would be able to compete with the Shamrocks. Didn't figure there would be a "championship" crowd tonight. Can't wait until next year!

Seemed like Southwestern was giving them some competition. Trailed by 3 as 4th quarter started and only by 5 when their point guard got injured.

Way to go, Rocks! You had the target on your back the entire year and never flinched. Had it not been for a last second 3 by SW, T would've won every Tourney game by double digits. Szabo did a great job. This is the first Jefferson County champion since.......when??

Way to go, Rocks! You had the target on your back the entire year and never flinched. Had it not been for a last second 3 by SW, T would've won every Tourney game by double digits. Szabo did a great job. This is the first Jefferson County champion since.......when??
Jeffersontown in 2006 ... Central was the runner-up in 2009 and Ballard was in 2010.