Conner QB Receives Invitation to Elite 11

Clyde

2014 Conner QB Drew Barker has been invited to participate in the Elite 11 regional event in Columbus in May.

Some rising Juniors participate even though they cannot qualify for the Elite 11 in California.

Good chance to be seen and receive good instruction.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2014 Conner QB Drew Barker has been invited to participate in the Elite 11 regional event in Columbus in May.

Some rising Juniors participate even though they cannot qualify for the Elite 11 in California.

Good chance to be seen and receive good instruction.

Excellent!! Congrats to Barker. I love seeing the local kids get the recognition.

• 4 weeks later...

If you have access to Scout:

"I've heard from schools like Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Louisville and LSU," he explained. "Ohio State is where my mother went to school, but I was never interested in them until Urban Meyer was hired. I love the offense he runs, and how he uses his quarterbacks. I've never been there, but I will be going to the spring game. They also want me to come to a spring practice before that. Coach (Kerry) Coombs told me I'm as high on their board as any 2014 quarterback."

"Penn State is another school I'm very interested in," he continued. "Their new quarterbacks coach, Charlie Fisher, was recruiting me from Miami of Ohio, and when he went to Penn State, he continued recruiting me. I've been talking to him on the phone, and he wants me to come up to camp. Wisconsin is a school I've visited for a game, and I saw them against Penn State and loved it up there. The coaches were great to me, and I'm definitely interested in Wisconsin. Louisville is on the rise under Coach (Charlie) Strong, and they started recruiting me as a freshman. Coach Strong told me I'm the number one quarterback on their board, and they want me to come up for spring practice. LSU is a great program, and they just started showing interest recently. I would have great interest in them, and I want to learn more about them."

Scout.com: Top 2014 QB Drawing Interest