2012 Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown

dennis12b

Can someone confirm or deny, and no, I'M NOT TRYING TO STIR THE POT this time. I was told by a good source that the Showdown committee wanted Highlands vs. Newcath, Newcath said yes and Highlands said no. IMO would be nice to see these to play each other again, but think the Breds would get a serious butt kicking. My heart is always with the Breds, but common sense dictates otherwise. Can we get someone in the "know" to answer this please.

What week is Crosstown Showdown being played? Who does Highlands play?

The website is not showing the 2012 dates, but in 2011 it was during the first two weeks of the (KY) season - actually one game in week 1 and then games Thursday thru Sunday of week 2. If they do that again this year, HHS has games scheduled for those two weeks with a bye in week 3. Thing is, Dixie is available week two because they dropped Highlands and then Highlands picked up Scott County.

As a NewCath supporter I would like to see them play Highlands again, but what Mueller has done at Highlands it is probablly for the best. He has taken a tremendous football program and turned it into a machine with no end in sight.

That being said why wouldn't the crosstown showdown pit NCC/Dixie versus an Ohio team. In my opinion it is boring seeing KY teams play each other and Ohio schools play each other.

As a NewCath supporter I would like to see them play Highlands again, but what Mueller has done at Highlands it is probablly for the best. He has taken a tremendous football program and turned it into a machine with no end in sight.

That being said why wouldn't the crosstown showdown pit NCC/Dixie versus an Ohio team. In my opinion it is boring seeing KY teams play each other and Ohio schools play each other.

They used to do that, and I wish they would go back to it. However, the games weren't competitive since they put teams like Dixie up against an Elder.

The game next year probably isn't a big deal, just like this past season. They'll probably just play down in Newport on a Friday night, and call it a showdown game.

Couldn't agree more.