Cigar aficianados

NEERFAN

Just recently started smoking cigars and I can say I really enjoy doing so. I look forward to sitting on the deck while indulging in both a fine cigar and BGP. What type of cigars do you smoke? I've become very fond of the Tatuaje brand, a little expensive but man so smooth. Budget wise I like to spend less than $6 per stick but smoking a black label that's $10 and it's the best I've had yet. I like the Perdomo Grand Cru, what are some BGP favorites and what do they cost?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love a good Cigar, my first experience with cigars was while I was on a short deployment to Spain where I purchased two Cuban Montecristo's for about 3$ apiece, I loved it so much I tried to sneak the last one home which was already half smoked, needless to say that didn’t end well when I got it out and tried to smoke it, it was dry and cold tobacco is bad tobacco. As for now, CAO is one of my favorites. I like the CAO MX2, Gold, Brazil and the LX2. I usually smoke maduro's or double maduro's so don't try my suggestions unless you like a strong smoke. Also like the Cusano 18 which is cheaper than it should be considering how good it is. You also can't go wrong with anything from Arturo Fuente or Monte Cristo. One thing that helped me a lot to learn about Cigars was "Cigars for Dummies", it was full of info on things like selecting a good cigar from your humidor, storing your cigars, anatomy of a cigar, smoking your cigar and the history of cigars. A good book for someone who might be new to cigars...

I enjoy Rocky Patel cigars, mostly The Edge. I am more of a Maduro smoker. The RP line has a nice draw and is a slow burn. I used to smoke the Nub a lot last summer and got into the Nub's sister brand which is the Caine Ligero which also is a slow burn.

I'm with you Neerfan, nothing like a good smoke on the deck with a glass of Bourbon on the rocks and a little music to go along with Mr IPad.

How much will I have to spend to get a good humidor?

It depends how much work you want to put into it. If you don't care to have a high maintenance humidor then you can get one pretty cheap, but it will be very volatile and will have to be maintained properly or you can lose every cigar you have in it, I know this because I lost some cigars to mold in a cheap humidor. Recently we had our master closet remodeled (thanks to tsyoung7) and I wanted my humidor in the closet so I bought a wine cooler from lowes for about 175$. It keeps the tempeture at 68 degrees and with an oasis humidor inside it you can rest assured the humidity will be right at 70%.

How much will I have to spend to get a good humidor?

Go here http://www.cigarsintl.com/sav134 this is a great intro deal. I buy all of my cigars from CI. This is 10 good cigars and a great starter humidor for $29.99.

Sampler includes 1 each of:

- Cohiba Red Dot Robusto (5x49)

- Hoyo Excalibur Epicure (5.2x50)

- La Gloria Cubana Serie R #4 (4.8x52)

- Macanudo Hyde Park (5.5x49)

- Partagas Padre (6x50)

- Punch Pita (6.1x50)

- Cu-Avana Intenso Robusto (5x50)

- LHC Osc. Fuerte Robusto (5x50)

- Cuba Libre Robusto (5x50)

- La Estrella Cub. ’R’ (5x50)

-Whitetail Glasstop Humidor (50 Capacity