3A Playoffs North Oldham/Elizabethtown Predictions

mcpapa

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

North should be able to win this game. If QB Todd for E-town still out, it could get ugly. Against Western Hills E-town just attempted to run inside hand-offs and sweeps every play after injury to Todd. Runnming back for E-town (#28) had some yards and ran hard, but not going to be able to score against North with just these two plays. E-towns defense is quick and aggressive, but after seeing both teams North should have a big advantage up-front. If Todd plays I think North wins 35-21, if Todd is unable to play North wins 42-8.

The game will be broadcast on the Pegasus Sports Network, beginning at 7 pm. http://www.pegasussportsky.com Roger Frantz and Don Mattern provide the call from Goshen. (I'm taking the night off to be with my kids during X-C dinners & banquets...:D

Hate to miss a playoff game....

Elizabethtown has knocked North out of the playoffs the last two years in two close ballgames, but I think it's going to be difficult for the Panthers to make it three in a row, particularly if Todd can't play. I've been very impressed by how the NOHS coaches have brought along a bunch of sophomores and turned them into a competitive team that - picked fourth (last) in the district, wound up undefeated in district play and champions for the second time in three years.

CM

I've been very impressed by how the NOHS coaches have brought along a bunch of sophomores and turned them into a competitive team that - picked fourth (last) in the district, wound up undefeated in district play and champions for the second time in three years.

CM

Mike, your on the money !

This is a group of very young and inexperienced kids. It might be different if there were a few upper class-men studs thrown in but that's just not the case. One or two at best.

Then factor in that two thirds of the boys were asked to play at positions their undersized for and it's really something what they have accomplished so far. The program has overachieved from top to bottom....and their not done yet are they !

Word out of Etown is that Kyle Todd is done for the year. Broken fibula suffered during the Western Hills game. Tough break for Coach Todd and Company...regardless of who you root for, it's a shame when a kid can't compete in the playoffs. He's a tremendous player and really put that team on his back (arm) this year... impressive numbers.

I cover the Oldham County schools, and certainly that makes the chances of victory for the Mustangs better, but as a lifelong HS football fan, I always hate to see a team handicapped by injuries in the playoffs. I remember the same thing happened to Etown two years ago, when they had a really great team...they gave eventual state champ Central quite a fight, though, despite being painfully shorthanded in the regional final that year.

And North Oldham's 2009 team can readily identify - seemed like there were more kids in street clothes than in uniform when North went to Elizabethtown for the first round last year.

Apparently, the Panthers' two backup QBs both were unavailable (for various reasons) last week; they put one of their two star WRs, Clayton Patton, at QB for the rest of the WH game. I would guess one of the two regular backups will be under center Friday, but regardless, that's quite a blow to an Etown team that has lived by the pass - less than 700 yards rushing as a team this year.

Good luck to both teams, but I'd say the odds of a North Oldham victory just went up significantly.

North has had a great team effort from what I'v seen. That's a goal that everyone strives for and few achieve, hopefully it will continue through the playoffs.

Thanks Killer D-these guys are all about team and cares very little about stats or who gets the credit. Hopefully the week off will help instead of hinder their performance. E-town has a talented team and it should be a good game.

Knute,

What I meant is that a lot of the young kids that have stepped up and are overachieving, are doing it in my opinion by determination and have often given up size and age to their opponents.

Very true Nation-these guys are young, small, etc but they are playing tough. There loses were early and to some pretty good teams or bigger class opponents. Very surprised this team is under the radar-District Champs and still ranked below some teams they should not be.

Very true Nation-these guys are young, small, etc but they are playing tough. There loses were early and to some pretty good teams or bigger class opponents. Very surprised this team is under the radar-District Champs and still ranked below some teams they should not be.

Under the radar is what you want at this point in the playoffs. More seasons like this and you will get the respect. :cool: