Butler 42 Pleasure Ridge Park 41

The Scribe

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It really looked like the Butler player was down before tossing the backwards when the PA announcer said that's the ball game.

It was close but it's still a problem that he jumped on the PA so quickly. Essentially, he's to blame.

First of all, no way he wasn't down on that lateral. Second of all, how were there not penalties on both teams for players on the field? Or a personal foul penalty for players on the goalposts like that? Crazy play that seems to have made everyone take leave of their senses.

Correct me if I'm wrong. If PRP gets flagged for being on the field, Butler can refuse the penalty, correct? If both teams get flagged, it's offsetting since it's not a deadball infraction, correct? Now the celebration and hanging on the crossbars. Is that assessed on the extra point or on the kickoff?

Nah, You are taught from a very young age to play to the whistle. Actually to the end of the whistle. PA guys don't cause losses.

I didn't say nary a word about a "loss."

The PA guy did cause everyone to run onto the field with his premature joculation.

Correct me if I'm wrong. If PRP gets flagged for being on the field, Butler can refuse the penalty, correct? If both teams get flagged, it's offsetting since it's not a deadball infraction, correct? Now the celebration and hanging on the crossbars. Is that assessed on the extra point or on the kickoff?

But if penalties are offsetting during a play, not deadball, isn't the down replayed? Furthermore, the celebration and hanging on the crossbars, I'm certain they can take that on the PAT, if not required to. Being that Butler went for two, that would have changed a thing or two....