Cooper 9 Heritage 1

Reuben Griggs pitches a complete game. The game was never in doubt and kids seemed to mostly go through the motions. Cooper scored 2 and had bases loaded and no outs still in the first but failed to score anymore. Lots of walks in the first inning which made for a long inning. Cooper's defense was solid, with one error I believe. Cooper will face Boone tomorrow and will have to hit a lot better as a team. Runners left on base every inning. I hear Boone is pitching Teegarden. I would have guessed Deno but IMO Teegarden is just as good, if not better.

Thompson is a no doubter. The kids may have been into the game but from the stands we were bored to death tonight. Of course, the coach called off the dogs as far as stealing etc.. by the 4th inning. I just hope the Jag's come ready tomorrow because they will have to play the perfect game to win. They are capable as they did it against Beechwood and a couple other games.

Teegarden just pitched against NCC so I don't know. He did not have a good outing the other day but the young man can pitch!!! It could be a good move for Boone to pitch Teegarden or someone else and use Deno in district final. (That's if they win today). They have a good staff so you have a lot of choices.