Brossart 8 Scott 4

Mustang

The Mustangs concluded their 9th/10th Sectional game with Beechwood at 4:30pm, winning 6-3. They then traveled to Taylor Mill for a 7pm game with Scott which we won 8-4, with junior Ian Hehman earning his second victory of the night.

Travis Norton started the game, pitching 5 strong innings (3 runs). Travis had 2 hits, as did Zach Fardo. Varsity's record is now 16-5.

JV beat Scott 5-2. Jesse Orth got the win. JV now has a 14-3 record.

Scott had to call up a Freshman catcher because my man Zach Bezold it out sick. It had to contribute to this score.

The catcher from Scott makes up a 4 run difference? I believe Brossart starts a freshman catcher so it probably evened out. :D

Don't know the boys name but it was a left hander (number 17). He pitched a pretty descent game. The last inning it was Sowder (spelling) number 3 who came in from 2nd base.

Sounds like George Sparks got the start then. Its a little puzzling though when you choose to not pitch your best pitcher in a district matchup. Zach Sowder is one of the best pitchers in the region (arguably #2 behind Logan Dailey of Harrison) and I'm a little puzzled at Coach Roberts decision to go elsewhere...

Well hopefully it pays off in the end.

Sounds like George Sparks got the start then. Its a little puzzling though when you choose to not pitch your best pitcher in a district matchup. Zach Sowder is one of the best pitchers in the region (arguably #2 behind Logan Dailey of Harrison) and I'm a little puzzled at Coach Roberts decision to go elsewhere...

Well hopefully it pays off in the end.

I think the district seeding is a wash.

Campbell County is the one seed, Brossart and Scott will be 2 and 3, Calvary and Silver Grove will be 4 and 5.

Calvary did throw a scare into the Camels yesterday, losing only 9-8.

The catcher from Scott makes up a 4 run difference? I believe Brossart starts a freshman catcher so it probably evened out. :D

Don't be knocking my man Zach. He's been one of their best hitters and caught just about every inning. Keep a good thought, he could be out a while.

Don't be knocking my man Zach. He's been one of their best hitters and caught just about every inning. Keep a good thought, he could be out a while.

I hate to see any kid injured. I know nothing of him as a player so no harm meant. :thumb:

I was at the game and am biased towards Brossart. To be honest, having Zach Bezold out of the lineup did hurt Scott. Not so much in hitting because I think the freshman had a hit and possibly a sac fly. It hurt defensively although Brossart is not necessarily a speedy team, stealing bases, etc. - they are much more of a hitting team. Finally, Brossart actually broke open the game in the 7th inning when Sowder was pitching. IMO they hit Sowder harder and scored more runs then they did off of Sparks.

By the way, good luck to Zach Bezold. I hope he has a speedy recovery.