Newport Central Catholic 14 Holy Cross 0 (5 Innings)

I know one game does not a season make, but has Holy Cross really been disappointing the last few years at the varsity level?

Last year the jv lost in the jv tournament finals to Boone County. It just seems like something isn't all there at the top.:idunno:

I know one game does not a season make, but has Holy Cross really been disappointing the last few years at the varsity level?

Last year the jv lost in the jv tournament finals to Boone County. It just seems like something isn't all there at the top.:idunno:

I mean I wouldn't call All "A" state runner-up dissapointing. Plus they have been in the hunt every year in one of the toughest districts in the state.

I mean I wouldn't call All "A" state runner-up dissapointing. Plus they have been in the hunt every year in one of the toughest districts in the state.

Well the All "A" is nice. Being in the hunt in a four team district is nice. Not being in the region since 2004 is not. Holmes is certainly not a powerhouse, CovCath is always good, and Beechwood is smaller than Holy Cross.

Nobody in their right mind would rather be state runner up in the "A", than Regional champions. The same is true in basketball. I have asked a few of the coaches that have been fortunate to do both.

Well the All "A" is nice. Being in the hunt in a four team district is nice. Not being in the region since 2004 is not. Holmes is certainly not a powerhouse, CovCath is always good, and Beechwood is smaller than Holy Cross.

Nobody in their right mind would rather be state runner up in the "A", than Regional champions. The same is true in basketball. I have asked a few of the coaches that have been fortunate to do both.

Well if you had the oppurtunity to watch HC last year you would know they were very much on thier way to the region last year. Six outs away and couldn't seal the deal against a very well coached Bwood team.

Apparently not. I would say step it up. The Indians need to meet the challenge in front of them. CovCath isn't ever going to be a weak sister, and Beechwood over the last decade has made a concerted effort to have a top notch baseball team to go along with a state champion caliber football team, and a competitive basketball team. HC is behind in all three sports and have been for a decade.

Edited by History
spelling

Apparently not. I would say step it up. The Indians need to meet the challenge in front of them. CovCath isn't ever going to be a weak sister, and Beechwood over the last decade has made a concerted effort to have a top notch baseball team to go along with a state champion caliber football team, and a competitive basketball team. HC is behind in all three sports and have been for a decade.

Been behind BW in basketball in the past decade? HA. I think your trying to lump CCH and BW together. It's always been

On what grounds can you lump all three sports into a discussion about baseball?? :confused::confused:

Sounded like a pretty one sided game. Also find it hard to see how there is any relevence between basketball and football when it comes to baseball as far as the production of the school.

Beechwood gets good baseball players because of their football team Their better players are two sport stars. If BW didn't have the football program they have, baseball wouldn't be squat....good coach or not.

That isn't accurate, especially the past 2-3 years. There are not many Beechwood baseball players that play football. There are only 3 or 4 baseball players on this year's team that also play football. Last year it was even less. The vast majority of Beechwood's baseball players are baseball players only.

That isn't accurate, especially the past 2-3 years. There are not many Beechwood baseball players that play football. There are only 3 or 4 baseball players on this year's team that also play football. Last year it was even less. The vast majority of Beechwood's baseball players are baseball players only.

VOR you are correct in the past couple years taht is true, but maybe he was talking about earlier years and then I find tat statement very accurate.

My argument was that HC hasn't been the bottom of the barrel for the past decade in every sport....

VOR you are correct in the past couple years taht is true, but maybe he was talking about earlier years and then I find tat statement very accurate.

My argument was that HC hasn't been the bottom of the barrel for the past decade in every sport....

Definitely in the lower half...there are only 4 teams in the district.........for baseball HC has not been to the region since 2004....that is this thread. :clap:

For basketball-same thing-I believe the last time they were in the region was 2004.

In football-different classes, but let's face it they are not better than CCH or Beechwood any year, and on occasion may be better than Holmes.

Case closed, argument over. They have fallen in the past decade in male sports. Holy Cross used to be relevant, not so much now. To argue otherwise is to be an alumni, parent, student, or fan of a current player. I am not saying they don't have good players-simply they aren't in the discussion much in any of three major male sports in No.Ky as to be a potential champion.