What Beer/Wine are you are tasting right now?

ADopted ADmiral

This is a thread about beer/Wine tasting! Tell what beer/wine you are tasting right now. Tell about how it tastes, not how it makes you feel.

I am having a Franzishaner Weissbier. It has a citrus tan orange look with a citrus taste. Not what I would expect from a German Beer. Has a huge head on it when poured into a glass. It has a really good taste to it, on the light side. Not something I would drink as a favorite, but at the same time, I do not dislike it.

Edited by Birdsfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of taste are you tasting from it?I have never had that one...What color is it?

Golden.

Not too many places carry it, at lest to my knowledge. The only 2 places that I know of in NKY is the Wine and Spirits store in South Covington at the bottom of Hands Pike and 3L Highway and the liquor store in Crescent Springs off of Buttermilk Rd next to Sunono gas station.

Brewed in Kalamazoo, MI.

http://www.bellsbeer.com

The Third Coast Beer is also very good to. Reminds me a lot of Harps.

Edited by Lucky Charms
sp

Golden.

Not too many places carry it, at lest to my knowledge. The only 2 places that I know of in NKY is the Wine and Spirits store in South Covington at the bottom of Hands Pike and 3L Highway and the liquor store in Crescent Springs off of Buttermilk Rd next to Sunono gas station.

Brewed in Kalamazoo, MI.

http://www.bellsbeer.com

The Third Coast Beer is also very good too. Reminds me a lot of Harps.

Cool; thanks for the info. Not an import, but a microbrew. Sounds like some good stuff. If I can't get it in Lexington, I am heading your way to try it out.

Sam Adams Winter Lager:

The first thing one notices in a Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is its color: the deep brown of winter. Then comes the magical aroma which promises something special on the tongue. The warm aroma of cinnamon and ginger which blends with the roasty sweetness of the malted barley and hint of citrus from the orange peel. And after that first sip the promise is fulfilled. On the palate Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is rich and full bodied, robust and warming, a wonderful way to enjoy the cold evenings that come with this season.

Brought home a six pack and it was gone before the night was over. Couldn't believe I had drank all six of them, but them "The Boss" admitted that she drank two of them and she liked it so much, she drove to the store to buy another six pack the next day.

Now I don't know if it would be a beer I would drink all the time, but it really hit the spot the other weekend.

I am not a wine taster -- yet; but that sounds awesome. What flavor does it have? Is it red or white? Just trying to learn some new tastes. :thumb:

The only wine I've ever had was out of a box :lol:

That and some concoction someone at a bowling alley claimed was homemade wine. It was delicious.

Sam Adams Winter Lager:

The first thing one notices in a Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is its color: the deep brown of winter. Then comes the magical aroma which promises something special on the tongue. The warm aroma of cinnamon and ginger which blends with the roasty sweetness of the malted barley and hint of citrus from the orange peel. And after that first sip the promise is fulfilled. On the palate Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is rich and full bodied, robust and warming, a wonderful way to enjoy the cold evenings that come with this season.

Brought home a six pack and it was gone before the night was over. Couldn't believe I had drank all six of them, but them "The Boss" admitted that she drank two of them and she liked it so much, she drove to the store to buy another six pack the next day.

Now I don't know if it would be a beer I would drink all the time, but it really hit the spot the other weekend.

Sounds Good...I am adding this to my list...:thumb:

Sam Adams Winter Lager:

:puke: I think I have a couple of those left in my fridge that you can have.

I've become a fan of wheat beers. The wife picked me up a six pack of Shock Top the other day that was actually pretty good. It's an unfiltered Belgian style beer with a hint of citrus.

I had a Shiner Blonde at a friend's place this weekend. I love the Shiner Bock, so I figured I'd give it a try. It wasn't bad at all.

Now I'm getting thirsty. :irked: