3.highlands

4.Paducah Tilghman

5.lex cath.

6.bell

7.cov cath

8.rockcastle

9.lawernce co

10.hopkinsville

just fun but this is the way i see as of now i now hopkinsville has a lot of talent thats the only reason there still there at 10 because there 0-2 probally should have been dropped out but not sure really whom is better.from 8 up i think is solid though.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that I'm a little skeptical of Mason Co. being ranked ahead of HHS and PT right now. Also, I think that Hoptown is probably in the top 4 or 5, despite the 0-2 start. As for me, the list is:

1. Boyle County (defending champs are no. 1 until beaten)

2. Paducah Tilghman

3. Highlands

4. Hopkinsville

5. Mason County

6. Covington Catholic

7. Bell County

8. Lexington Catholic

9. Oldham County

10. Rockcastle County

The 3A teams that I think have a REALISTIC chance of winning the title this year are BC, PT, HHS, and Hoptown. Frankly, I can't really see the others going through the entire playoffs without being tripped up at some point.

dont get me wrong guys i beleive anyone in that top 10 could win it all and this top 10 might shuffle like a deck a cards this year but the reason i dropped hoptown is they havent beaten anybody yet i mean if there that good they should beat somebody.i like hoptown just have to get on the winning track.

The team I am most surprised with in 3A this year is Mason County. I figured they'd be good, but apparently they are the real deal. I'm a Highlands fan, and when Lex Cath came into 3A on Highlands' side of the bracket, I was concerned. But now I think that Mason Co. will pose a bigger challenge to HHS in its attempt to make it back to Louisville than LC will.

By far the toughest class this year. 1-10 are all solid teams. I believe my list would go something like this.

1.boyle

2.Paducah Tilghman

3.highlands

4.Paducah Tilghman

5.hopkinsville

6.lex cath.

7.bell

8.cov cath

9.rockcastle

10.Oldham

Originally posted by 83 ADMIRAL

By far the toughest class this year. 1-10 are all solid teams. I believe my list would go something like this.

1.boyle

2.Paducah Tilghman

3.highlands

4.Paducah Tilghman

5.hopkinsville

6.lex cath.

7.bell

8.cov cath

9.rockcastle

10.Oldham

Man, PT must be really good this year to get on the list twice!!! :D

Originally posted by mhighfield

... but the reason i dropped hoptown is they havent beaten anybody yet i mean if there that good they should beat somebody.i like hoptown just have to get on the winning track.

That's just it ... Hopkinsville isn't playing just "somebody."

After losing their starting tailback and inside linebacker, a three-year starter, Hopkinsville has lost two close games to two teams that played in state championship games last fall.

Ridgeway was a state champion in Tennessee last year and has several Division I prospects, and beat the defending small-school private-school state champion on Friday night with a short preparation time. Male is showing they're reloading instead of rebuilding.

Next week, the Tigers play Mayfield ... heard of them, mhighfield?

Mason hasn't exactly played the Titans of the Western World. I dare say that if Hopkinsville had played Breathitt and Montgomery, they'd easily be 2-0 ...

look westsider i have no beef with hoptown i wasnt putting them down at all i just there 0-2 no exactly a great record to start the season you know .i stated why i had them there where i ranked them thats it im sure they will be great and have a fine season i will move them up then .i wasnt doubting there schedule looks impressive i was just stating where i would have them ranked today that could change a lot next sat cause yes i have heard if mayfield a top notch team and program.:D

1) Paducah Tilghman

2) Boyle Co.

3) Highlands

4) Covington Catholic

5) Hopkinsville

6) Mason Co.

7) Bell Co.

8) Lexington Catholic

9) Rockcastle Co.

10) Oldham Co.

HOPKINSVILLE is 0-2 with a 3 point loss in OT to a very good 4A team from Tennessee and a 5 point loss on the road to Male. Hoptown could have won either game but didn't. I know this I would rather have 2 losses to very good teams then 2 wins over teams that aren't so good. Hoptown wasn't at full speed against Male. Pulley was only at 65-70% and if it had been a lesser opponent we was playing then Curtis would not have played we had some other kids banged up from the Ridgeway game but we had also got some kids that need to test their man hood and see if they wanna play football. Anybody that knows Hoptown know they are slow starters every year. It is now at this time each year that Coach Clayton cracks the whip and we start adding things to our offense and defense. Hoptown has yet to play nearly as good as they are or can be and this week were gonna find out who wants to play and who don't. Like Coach Clayton said this morning Marcel Laseur is NOT gonna play this year he is done so the guys need to get overit and now somebody else has to step up. Against Male ther was some kids in lala land and that's not gonna work. So this weekend the guys are getting film sessions and then Monday off and on Tuesday were going toe to toe and getting after it and seeing who wants to grow up and step up. Then Wedesday they will prepare for Mayfield. Hoptown is better offensively this yeat than last year and have more team speed. The defense has been the big question with the loss of Laseur that was expected but when ya arm tackle and line up wrong your gonna get burnt. I still think were a top 5 team that is gonna get better and I know the staff liks the potentia of this team but this week will be a big week for Hoptown.

It's so early in the season, which makes it hard to accurately rank the teams. But, I do think that at the end of the regular season, the two teams that will have separated themselves from the pack are Boyle Co. and Highlands. I really think that this could be the championship matchup in 2003.

Everyone's top ten is going to look different and everyone in that top 10 has very solid football teams.

1. Boyle Co.

2. Paducah Tilghman

3. Highlands

4. Bell Co. (tie)

4. Mason Co. (tie)

6. Hopkinsville

7. Lexington Catholic

8. Covington Catholic

9. Rockcastle Co.

10. Lawrence Co.

I know Hopkinsville has face two very good football teams and are 0-2, they are very solid and even though i have them as sixth they are very good. I think Boyle, Tilghman, and Highlands are at the top of the class. Mason and Bell are probably a tie, they both are very good and are explosive. Both can score alot of points and shut you down on defense as well. 7-10 could easily be above 1-6, it's just my opinion very early in a season of 3A football that could be the best year of football in quite some time.

I haven't put together where I think teams should be ranked, but off the top of my head:

Teams that are showing they are every bit as good as we expected and more:

1. Boyle County

2. Paducah Tilghman

3. Mason County

Teams that have shown that every piece of the puzzle might not be in place yet.

1. Highlands

2. Hopkinsville

3. Cov. Cath

Verdict is still out on

1. Lexington Catholic

2. Rockcastle County

3. Lawrence County

4. Bell County

I have not included Oldham or Bowling Green. I think we will have a better feel for them after tonights game.