Bobby Bowden

CoachBuckett

As I watch a hero of mine growing up coach his last ball game. I think about all of the great teams he produced at FSU. It will be a sad day for college football once this day is over.

No matter if you like him or not you have to say he was good for the game.

When I first moved to Florida, while I was attending USF (who had no football program at the time), I was a Seminole football fan. I still am to some extent and that was because of Bobby Bowden. Bowden drew a lot of fans to FSU football, the school is not that dag um big, buy his "River Boat" gambler style and his home town demeanor. The 'Noles would not be the 'Noles without him.

You'll get over it I'm sure. It's not every day a legend retires. I consider that worthy of New Year's Day, I don't care if they lost 10 games.

Surprising coming from a Florida State fan :lol:

There's nothing to get over, I sure won't lose sleep over it. It sucks for the better teams that got passed up.

Surprising coming from a Florida State fan :lol:

There's nothing to get over, I sure won't lose sleep over it. It sucks for the better teams that got passed up.

Clemson was the only one to my knowledge that got passed up, and I agree, it sucks for them. Under normal circumstances, I would agree that it was a load of crap. I'm just saying, this is a pretty rare circumstance, don't you think?

Clemson was the only one to my knowledge that got passed up, and I agree, it sucks for them. Under normal circumstances, I would agree that it was a load of crap. I'm just saying, this is a pretty rare circumstance, don't you think?

Miami, V Tech and BC all had better conference records and overall records. UNC had a better overall record and the same conference record.

It is a rare circumstance, but too many ACC teams god jumped for this to happen.

Miami, V Tech and BC all had better conference records and overall records. UNC had a better overall record and the same conference record.

It is a rare circumstance, but too many ACC teams god jumped for this to happen.

The Chick-Fil-A Bowl has first pick of ACC teams after the BCS, hence Virginia Tech went there. UNC would have no argument even with a better overall record because they have the same conference record and lost to FSU. So I'll expand it to Clemson, Miami (FL), and Boston College. Clemson is the most legit because there is a rule in place that is supposed to preclude the choice of a team that is more than 1 conference loss behind another available team, in this case, Clemson. The Gator Bowl did a little dance invoking some rule that says they have to invite the ACC Championship loser once every four years, which they did last in 2007. Clemson got jobbed on that one. Miami (FL) and Boston College are neither one protected by that rule.

At best, I'll give you that Florida State jumped three teams. It is certainly not the five that you're painting. I feel Clemson is the only one with a very legit gripe.

BTW, as a UK fan, I would think that you would understand the other part of the equation, namely the drawing power and amount of fans that would be coming to this game, like we note UK is every single year bowl season comes around and speculation starts about bubble teams if the bowl tie-ins run out. Florida State was an extremely attractive draw this year, much more so than Boston College would have been coming from New England, and more so than Miami was because of it being Bobby Bowden's last game, playing against his original team.

The Chick-Fil-A Bowl has first pick of ACC teams after the BCS, hence Virginia Tech went there. UNC would have no argument even with a better overall record because they have the same conference record and lost to FSU. So I'll expand it to Clemson, Miami (FL), and Boston College. Clemson is the most legit because there is a rule in place that is supposed to preclude the choice of a team that is more than 1 conference loss behind another available team, in this case, Clemson. The Gator Bowl did a little dance invoking some rule that says they have to invite the ACC Championship loser once every four years, which they did last in 2007. Clemson got jobbed on that one. Miami (FL) and Boston College are neither one protected by that rule.

At best, I'll give you that Florida State jumped three teams. It is certainly not the five that you're painting. I feel Clemson is the only one with a very legit gripe.

I did not know Chick Fil A picked before, that is my bad. I still feel UNC could have a legit argument and the other three definitely do. It is what it is. Good for FSU that they are playing well today.

As I watch a hero of mine growing up coach his last ball game. I think about all of the great teams he produced at FSU. It will be a sad day for college football once this day is over.

I have to disagree with you, always thought the Florida State program was shady under Bowden.

I'm glad to see the used car salesman of college football go.

^Absolutely. I totally agree CB.:thumb:

I always liked what he said after the loss to Penn State in a bowl a few years ago when a kicker missed a field goal that would have won the game. He was asked as he and Paterno walked off the field what would be said to the kicker and he said something like, "Nothing, he did the best he could." He was literally arm and arm with Paterno and you could tell those guys had been there before.