Semi-state setup was terrible this year!

Having a day between games was a terrible setup for the semi-state this year. It might has well been a single elimination because with the rain each team could throw their ace twice. Defeats the whole purpose of the best of 3 IMO

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a day between games was a terrible setup for the semi-state this year. It might has well been a single elimination because with the rain each team could throw their ace twice. Defeats the whole purpose of the best of 3 IMO

Hard to guess how the weather is gonna affect things. What do you suggest? Triple header?:eek:

Hard to guess how the weather is gonna affect things. What do you suggest? Triple header?:eek:

Having 3 days rest between the first game and the third is predictable...........why is everyone so touchy on here? Just making an observation

How has anything said on this thread been touchy?

I would like to have intelligent conversation about a topic instead of asking why I am complaining or sarcastically saying there should be a triple header. that's all

I don't know if I like the idea of getting rid of Semi-State.

Maybe I'll come around to it at some point ...

I love semistate.............but I think it should be 3 consecutive days so the ace cannot throw more than once. This really proves who the better overall team is and doesn't let one guy control the outcome.

I love semistate.............but I think it should be 3 consecutive days so the ace cannot throw more than once. This really proves who the better overall team is and doesn't let one guy control the outcome.

Great teams always find a way to win.

I would like to have intelligent conversation about a topic instead of asking why I am complaining or sarcastically saying there should be a triple header. that's all

My response was only half sarcastic.

My apologies.

As far as playing Semi-State in three days: There's always going to be a good chance that will never happen because of the weather we have here in late spring. Take for instance Semi-State 3 between E'town and Bullitt East. Game 1 was Monday night, no problem. Game 2 got pushed back to Thursday because of Wednesday's storms, and then eventually pushed to Friday because of Thursday's storms.

And then you had to deal with graduation for both teams. E'town's graduation was Friday night, and Bullitt East's was this afternoon before Game 3.

But, had they played Game 2 on Tuesday, we wouldn't be having this discussion. And besides, I think it's up to the tournament host to determine the schedule. If they want to have a day off between the first two games, that's up to them and not the KHSAA. May be wrong on that, I don't know. But I always thought it was up to the host sites to make the schedule.

Edited by Ram

My response was only half sarcastic.

My apologies.

As far as playing Semi-State in three days: There's always going to be a good chance that will never happen because of the weather we have here in late spring. Take for instance Semi-State 3 between E'town and Bullitt East. Game 1 was Monday night, no problem. Game 2 got pushed back to Thursday because of Wednesday's storms, and then eventually pushed to Friday because of Thursday's storms.

And then you had to deal with graduation for both teams. E'town's graduation was Friday night, and Bullitt East's was this afternoon before Game 3.

But, had they played Game 2 on Tuesday, we wouldn't be having this discussion. And besides, I think it's up to the tournament host to determine the schedule. If they want to have a day off between the first two games, that's up to them and not the KHSAA. May be wrong on that, I don't know. But I always thought it was up to the host sites to make the schedule.

Now that I think about it you are right, some semi-states had days between and some did not. I wish they would have 2 best of 3 matchups after the region, and then a final 4 at applebee's like the old days. This sweet 16 for next year seems too much to me.

Edited by Ram