The "Harlan Green Dragons" will win this season!

GhostRider

I have been reading several posts about the "Harlan Green Dragons". As I understand it, the Dragons have had some players to quit, some who have transferred to Harlan County and have a very small senior class. This alone is enough to disrupt any team. To say that the remaining young men at HHS might go winless is very unfair to the ones out there who give every thing they have in them to get a win. Every single one of those guys are winners already because they choose to stay and gut it out and not quit. I am proud of those guys on Green Dragon football team. It's nice to know the Green Dragon coaches are showing their young men how to over come adversity no matter what the odds are and that they can and will win no matter how small their school is or how many transfers they have had or how small they are in numbers. They will win because there is no quit in a handful of guys who has decided that no matter what the odds are, I am staying, I will work hard and we will win! So my hat's off to you, young men of HHS! :thumb:

I have been reading several posts about the "Harlan Green Dragons". As I understand it, the Dragons have had some players to quit, some who have transferred to Harlan County and have a very small senior class. This alone is enough to disrupt any team. To say that the remaining young men at HHS might go winless is very unfair to the ones out there who give every thing they have in them to get a win. Every single one of those guys are winners already because they choose to stay and gut it out and not quit. I am proud of those guys on Green Dragon football team. It's nice to know the Green Dragon coaches are showing their young men how to over come adversity no matter what the odds are and that they can and will win no matter how small their school is or how many transfers they have had or how small they are in numbers. They will win because there is no quit in a handful of guys who has decided that no matter what the odds are, I am staying, I will work hard and we will win! So my hat's off to you, young men of HHS! :thumb:

Great post following all of the negativity. :ylsuper: They need a spark and it could start with our support. :thumb:

Most are freshman and soph but if they had stayed they would be soph and jr, C Taylor, S Dozier, J Brewer, R Ison, T Napier, D Hensley, F Robinette (not playing at HC but transfered) thats seven and there are at least 3-4 that are still playing for NH. While most of these kids transfered 2-3 years ago at the time they were in the middle school program at HHS, and losses like this IMO are not overcome in a small school setting.

Welcome to the site, and be sure to check out the link below:

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=35010

PS, nice positive post for your first one.

Good Luck to the Green Dragons, their schedule has not been too easy on them either thus far.

Classy 3W. I've read many of your posts and realize you are a big Bears supporter. We are all Harlan Countians and can have 2 schools. :thumb: I was a Trojan and my son is a Dragon. ;)

Most are freshman and soph but if they had stayed they would be soph and jr, C Taylor, S Dozier, J Brewer, R Ison, T Napier, D Hensley, F Robinette (not playing at HC but transfered) thats seven and there are at least 3-4 that are still playing for NH. While most of these kids transfered 2-3 years ago at the time they were in the middle school program at HHS, and losses like this IMO are not overcome in a small school setting.

Do any transfers ever go the "other" way... ie from Harlan County to Harlan City? If so, then it would be a wash, if not, it might be an advantage to some degree.. And why do they transfer?

Do any transfers ever go the "other" way... ie from Harlan County to Harlan City? If so, then it would be a wash, if not, it might be an advantage to some degree.. And why do they transfer?

I would venture to say that there is a larger percentage of "county" kids @ HHS than there are "Harlan" kids @ HCHS.

They transfer for various reasons. Most of the transfers mentioned in the earlier post already lived in the county school district...and some of them attended county schools before they ever went to Harlan.

:thumb: Great post GhostRider! You are 100% correct when you say those kids are already winners and I think people of every community should realize that about the kids who play any sport for their school/communuty because these are the kids putting in the time and being constructive with their lives. So, I to applaude those young men of the Green Dragon football team and say hold your heads up high and keep working hard. You are already winners and you will be better young men for your efforts!:ylsuper:

Bay,

Most of the boys you mentioned in your post left HISD 4 years ago and they live in the HCHS district. I know some only went to HISD for 1 or 2 years before going to the county. If I remember correctly, they were in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades.:dancingpaGO BEARS:dancingpa

Could you elaborate on why all those kids left?

Dont worry about anything in Harlan u should end up finsihing second in the district. We all know that the district they play in should we say " Is not as strong as it has been ".

A win for us would be a blessing and give a little confidence to these young men regardless of how strong the district is or ever was. The thread is entitled "The Harlan Green Dragons" will win this season!

I'm not against Harlan (City) in any way, but why would people still be bringing these kids up when they transferred 4-5 years ago? They transferred in 6th grade, and now they are freshman and sophomores.

I hate to say this, but it was the administrations own fault because they will not allow players to hold back and be eligible.

Nonetheless, I would like to see the Green Dragons do well this season, and from what I can tell, they can still get a home playoff game. Good luck to them.