Is the Scott County AD hypocritical?

Socrates

A question for the posters to ponder:

Is it hypocritical for the Scott County AD to be highly supportive of the public private split, while his basketball program attracts major league talented transfers and benefits in much the same way Trinity's and X's football programs do? Please make a solid argument as to your position.

Hemlock anyone?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it hypocritical for the Scott County AD to be highly supportive of the public private split, while his basketball program attracts major league talented transfers and benefits in much the same way Trinity's and X's football programs do? Please make a solid argument as to your position.

Hemlock anyone?

When have Trinity or St. X(or any other Private schools) Football programs benifited from any "major leauge talented transfers"?

When have Trinity or St. X(or any other Private schools) Football programs benifited from any "major leauge talented transfers"?

I've closely followed Trinity (& by extension, St.X) since the early '70's & I sure don't remember any.

Not sure, but Socrates may be equating transfers with freshmen who enroll at X or T (or LexCath for that matter) from middle schools that aren't "traditional" feeder schools.

Well done young pupil. Good analysis. Now tell me if you think Scott Co's administration is being hypocritical trying to separate the privates from the publics with the argument that schools like X and T are able to attract kids that attended public grade schools using the strength of their football programs while at the same time Scott Co. is benefitting immensely from kids wanting to transfer to Scott Co. because the success of that program and explain your reasoning. If its not wrong for parents/kids to select Scott County because of its basketball program after a bona fide move, why is it wrong for kids graduating from the 8th grade of public schools to have the freedom to choose a private school because the strength of its football program?

Hemlock anyone?

Hemlock anyone?

Very hypocritical.

I'm not sure I follow.

Jim's argument is that LexCath attracts kids from inside its much larger Diocesan jurisdictional limits that come from public schools in that territory, when those same public schools have only a much more limited territory to choose from themselves.

Socrates, you seem to be arguing that Scott County's basketball team attracts "transfers" from outside jurisdictional limits because of the program's success, but that it is the same thing.

I took only one logic course at Centre, but that seems like apples and oranges to me.

Hemlock anyone?

Easy answer.....

Hypocrite!!

IMVHO the hypocrisy comes from those that will defend Scott County and the success they have had on the hardwood based largely on transfers while at the same time condemning private schools for their successes with kids that chose to go there.

I promise you that had Euton opted to go to LexCath or LexChristian instead of Scott County the condemnation would have been swift and vocal. That's the hypocrisy that I see.

IMVHO the hypocrisy comes from those that will defend Scott County and the success they have had on the hardwood based largely on transfers while at the same time condemning private schools for their successes with kids that chose to go there.

I promise you that had Euton opted to go to LexCath or LexChristian instead of Scott County the condemnation would have been swift and vocal. That's the hypocrisy that I see.

Seems to me that there was a lot of people willing to condem the move. On this board I don't think that Scott Co. got off any easier than a private school would have.

Seems to me that there was a lot of people willing to condem the move. On this board I don't think that Scott Co. got off any easier than a private school would have.

I respectfully disagree. Scott County got off much easier than a private in the Bluegrass would have. If these kids had enrolled at Lexington Catholic, for example, shouting villagers with pitchforks and torches would have been trying to knock down the KHSAA office doors. No way Scott has incurred the same venom as the Knights would have. No darn way.

I respectfully disagree. Scott County got off much easier than a private in the Bluegrass would have. If these kids had enrolled at Lexington Catholic, for example, shouting villagers with pitchforks and torches would have been trying to knock down the KHSAA office doors. No way Scott has incurred the same venom as the Knights would have. No darn way.
I would wholeheartedly disagree. Some public schools may not have incurred "the same venom," but Scott County does, given its history of high-profile transfers.