What are you doing this weekend?

newarkcatholicfan

Friday after work I will head to Kentucky to hook up with a couple of friends to go to the first ever EAST/WEST high school allstar game in Louisville.

After the game I will head for a rest area somewhere here in Ohio and get a few hours of sleep. After that it's off to work.

After work it's hoem to get cleaned up to go out for my fathers day dinner with my son. From there my brothe, my son and I will head to Ohio State to catch the North/South game.

Sunday=Sleep, much needed.

Edited by newarkcatholicfan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son, with wife and grand kid, will be coming over from Apopka Friday night. Saturday night he and I are going to the races at Sunshine Drag Strip. Sunday my princess will coming over to join the party and I will be doing steaks on the grill. Dad will be helping with the grilling. :cool:

I know this won't sound exciting to anyone but me but Saturday I am getting my hair done. This will be my first outing (except for 2 doctors visits) since my surgery (6 weeks)!!! Then we are going out to breakfast, MrRk isn't aware of this, and then we are going shopping at Wal-mart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I'm not to tired after my hair appointment because I am looking so forward to just going somewhere, other than this house, and walking around for a bit.

I know this won't sound exciting to anyone but me but Saturday I am getting my hair done. This will be my first outing (except for 2 doctors visits) since my surgery (6 weeks)!!! Then we are going out to breakfast, MrRk isn't aware of this, and then we are going shopping at Wal-mart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I'm not to tired after my hair appointment because I am looking so forward to just going somewhere, other than this house, and walking around for a bit.
Wow, has it been six weeks?! :eek: You've come a long way baby! :thumb:

But don't over-exert yourself by trying to do too much, too fast. Stretch your boundaries a little at a time.

Going to Churchill on Saturday for the Stephen Foster Handicap to watch Curlin run, and check out the numerous other quality horses in that race and the excellent undercard.

And on Sunday, it will be back up to L'ville to my brother's place, as mom and dad and my mom's sister are coming down so we can visit for Father's Day.

Wow, has it been six weeks?! :eek: You've come a long way baby! :thumb:

But don't over-exert yourself by trying to do too much, too fast. Stretch your boundaries a little at a time.

Ya know what BF - I just looked and I had my surgery on the 12th of May....so I am actually starting my 5th week...so I jumped the gun a little......but yes, I have come a long way baby!!!!! Pete keeps telling me to sit with my feet up all day, because my feet are still swelling so badly, but I just can't do it. I get up and do a little and then I sit back down. I can't bend, pick up anything, lift anything, but I can do a little and we all know I am not one to be idle for long. But I will not overdo it at all. I have come to far to mess it up now. Guess what I am doing??????? I am sleeping in our bed. I have to lay on my left side and I have to get up every hour or so becaues the staples in my chest start to hurt. But after I sit up for just a bit I get back into bed and I go to sleep like a baby. Pete is so excited...I don't snore anymore. I wonder why not?

Heading to our lake house on Cave Run Lake. Hope to do some fishing, hunting and sitting around the campfire roasting hotdogs and marshmallows with my wife and kids.

I have been wanting a roasted hotdog for days now. I will have one this weekend if I have to start a fire on the deck by myself:D

I have been wanting a roasted hotdog for days now. I will have one this weekend if I have to start a fire on the deck by myself:D

:laugh:: Just make sure you have the fire extinguisher close by!!!!:fire:

With as many friends as you have, I doubt you will have to be by yourself!!:thumb:

[/b]

:laugh:: Just make sure you have the fire extinguisher close by!!!!:fire:

With as many friends as you have, I doubt you will have to be by yourself!!:thumb:

Oh I wouldn't be by myself but I might have to start the fire first. Actually I think with just a little nudge, MrRk will be glad to start the grill for me.

Have fun where you are going and be safe!