Oldbird goes to Hollywood

Oldbird

Actually the title is a little misleading. More accurate would be Hollywood comes to Oldbird.

Got the call this week that I was selected to be an extra in the movie Seabiscuit, which they are filming at Keenland in November with Toby McGuire.

Hopefully it will be alot of fun, because the days are long (12 hours), it doesn't pay much, and I have to take vacation from work just to do it.

Tonight I got my costumer and they cut my hair (at least what hair I have).

Is anyone eles doing this?

Has anyone ever been an extra before? What is it like? Is it worth it?

I don't care if I make the movie. I am only looking to have a fun experience.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations, I look forward to seeing you in this film! By the way what is it about? And if it isn't too personal, how did you all of a sudden just get phone call to be an extra? Don't stare at the camera when their filming now OB and freeze up...:lol:

Back when I was in college I tried to get into several movies including Rain Man, Tango & Cash, An Innocent Man (movie with Tom Selleck), and Fresh Horses (Andrew McCarthy and Molly Ringwald).

I didn't get any of them. I had friends who were in some as well as others that were filmed in Cincy such as Lost in Yonkers, Milk Money, Eight Men Out, and Little Man Tate.

I had a friend who is a consultant on this movie and he told me that if I wanted to do it he could get me in, so that's how it happened.

Hopefull it will be fun.

Originally posted by formerkywrestler

me and my mother had planned to go, but instead i had to work, i was furius. i would really like to do something like this, hey OB what is the pay, if you dont' mind telling. also do you know of any other movies that are going to do this?

I think the pay is $75 per day. Then I get half of it for going in yesterday and letting them cut my hair and do my costume.

Don't know of anymore in the works, but in the late 80's early 1990's there were lots.

If you are really interested FKW. E-mail me or PM and I will give you a phone number to call. I thought I heard them say they were still looking, but I don't know exactly what for because they had tons of people show up in Cincy, Lex., and Louisiville and they only selected 500.