Middle School Bat Size and Rules

Labman

Does anyone know what type and size bat that is required for middle school?

Big barrel? -3, -5,-whatever? and for high school too. Is middle school baseball govern by the khsaa? Or by the conference they play in? Anyone want to respond?

The KHSAA has know rulings over middle school. Unless your middle school league has some rules you can use what ever bat you want. Most of the middle schools use big barrels and they can weigh from -10 to -3.
....:thumb: It's usually a preference choice, by the MS Coaching Staff. There are no barrel diameter and weight difference regulations.

I think so as well, but obviously someone told him 8.5. I'll find out where his info came from for sure. We have to purchase some new bats just for Middle School. This is our first year at Owen Co. to have a Middle School team. A step in the right direction for our new Head Coach. These kids are so small, thers no way they can swing a -3.

I think so as well, but obviously someone told him 8.5. I'll find out where his info came from for sure. We have to purchase some new bats just for Middle School. This is our first year at Owen Co. to have a Middle School team. A step in the right direction for our new Head Coach. These kids are so small, thers no way they can swing a -3.
Generally, some transition to -8's in Middle School and some, prefer -3's.

Coaching philosophy will vary, saying they need to get adjusted to -3's and others, prefer playing with -8's, to help with bat speed and reduce incorrect swing habits.