Interesting thing....

TonyDanza

Word is that it isn't Billy Clyde refusing the entrance. Seems Barnhart doesn't like to recognize the past.

What is even funnier. Seems Farmer says to the security guard...you tell whomever said no that they are welcome for the 3 million dollars I raised for the practice facility then turned around and went to visit the UofL locker room.

Word is that it isn't Billy Clyde refusing the entrance. Seems Barnhart doesn't like to recognize the past.

What is even funnier. Seems Farmer says to the security guard...you tell whomever said no that they are welcome for the 3 million dollars I raised for the practice facility then turned around and went to visit the UofL locker room.

How old is Richie Farmer?

What is that old saying...."don't bite the hand that feeds you"!!! :lol::lol:

I'm all for the ex-UK players and I loved watching all of those guys, but to get so upset because you were denied access to the lockerroom after a tough loss is just stupid. If they win, then fine, come in and congratulate the guys. After the embarressment this team is no doubt suffereing, the last thing they want is a bunch of old players coming in and trying to console them after losing to their biggest rivals.

Maybe I am just dumb, but it seems to me if you are coaching and you are 6-7, have already alienated a bunch of the wrong people and you still haven't signed your contract then I think you need all the good PR work you can muster whether you like it or not. Turning away guys who have their jerseys hanging in the rafters is not exactly a step in that direction.

Again....don't think Billy C was the one that turned them away. If he was the one I agree bad choice on his part...actually bad choice on whoever's part. If these guys were going in there to give them a pep talk as I assume they would...people should be all for it.

Again....don't think Billy C was the one that turned them away. If he was the one I agree bad choice on his part...actually bad choice on whoever's part. If these guys were going in there to give them a pep talk as I assume they would...people should be all for it.

Exactly! Mercer and Padgett are NCAA champions, and Ritchie Farmer is a member of one of the most famous teams to ever play college basketball! Bad choice on whoever's decision this was!

Maybe I am just dumb, but it seems to me if you are coaching and you are 6-7, have already alienated a bunch of the wrong people and you still haven't signed your contract then I think you need all the good PR work you can muster whether you like it or not. Turning away guys who have their jerseys hanging in the rafters is not exactly a step in that direction.

Excellent post!

I dont blame these guys for getting mad. Kentucky uses their names and influences for recruiting and fundraising but wont let them in the locker room to talk to the players. You also would think these guys would be smart enough to give enough time for any post game talk the coaches and players would have......Whether its AD or Coach it is a very arrogant move in my opinion.