Sheriff's deputy flips wig, kills six

00Rocket28

CRANDON, Wisconsin (CNN) -- An off-duty sheriff's deputy used a police-style AR-15 rifle to kill six people at an early morning party in a small Wisconsin town, officials said Monday.

Tyler Peterson, a sheriff's deputy, shot and killed six people, police said.

1 of 3 Twenty-year-old Tyler Peterson had gone to the party early Sunday to make amends with his ex-girlfriend, a friend of Peterson's told The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/08/wisconsin.shooting/index.html

He supposenly went to the pizza party to try to patch things up with his former girlfriend. They argued, and some of the others at the party shouted insults at him, according to an article in the Lexington H-L today. One said he was a "worthless pig". He snapped and killed most of them. Very sad situation.

Do you think if he wasn't a police officer this wouldn't have happened. Him being a young police officer had nothing to do with the shooting. Some of the best police officers I've ever met started while they were twenty-one. I started my carreer at twenty-two. I am now retired. The truth is this guy just had a screw loose. I pray for the families of those who were killed, but don't blame it on his youth or being a police officer.

Do you think if he wasn't a police officer this wouldn't have happened. Him being a young police officer had nothing to do with the shooting. Some of the best police officers I've ever met started while they were twenty-one. I started my carreer at twenty-two. I am now retired. The truth is this guy just had a screw loose. I pray for the families of those who were killed, but don't blame it on his youth or being a police officer.

SO avg. citizens have a AR-15 in the car? From what I have read he bought using his law enforcement status.

You played a major factor, as the girl was 16-18 and if he couldn't take being called a pig, then he didn't need to be a cop.

SO avg. citizens have a AR-15 in the car? From what I have read he bought using his law enforcement status.

You played a major factor, as the girl was 16-18 and if he couldn't take being called a pig, then he didn't need to be a cop.

His job was not what made him do what he did.

His job was not what made him do what he did.

I don't think you can narrow this type of heinous action down to one specific thing. I think it was a combination of his youth/immaturity, position of authority and mental instability that caused him to do this.