Highlands 70 Rose Hill 48

HOOPLA

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rose Hill lost by 20-22 points, Bill Walker was missed that much, Neltner had a great second half, Rose Hill made some poor decisions that led to turnovers. They also got out of step with their press, which led to some wide open highlands buckets. Not that it would have mattered, but OJ fouled out with about a minute or minute and a half left, he had two offensive fouls on consecutive drives to the goal. Highland kept the game fairly slow, therefore the score ended up being somewhat low, definatlely to there advantage.

Additionally, Rose Hill played pretty hard, but looked somewhat apathetic at times, like they weren't really into the game. Whether its related or not (probably not) I was disappointed in the crowd today, would have liked to have seen the game played right before the Catholic-Scott County game, I think the atmosphere would have been better.

Is the 9th Region 3-0 vs the 16th this year?

St. Henry over Rose Hill (by 20 or so)

Highlands over Rose Hill (by 20 or so)

Cov Cath over Morgan County (by 20 or so).

I believe those 2 teams are the top 2 in the 16th: Now there has been some debate over which region is the best, and arguments have been made for the 7th, 9th, and 11th. I think this really helps the 9th, and shows that they are definitely a top region in the state this year.

The game was pretty physical and could have taken a toll on Rose Hill as the game went along. They were sluggish on D and do not appear to run a structured offense. As long as they do this without the structured offense, i do not believe RH will be successful against the better teams. The kids did play hard and I cant really explain what happened after they were up by 12, they just had a major letdown. Dawson got in foul trouble, and without him they had nothing on the inside. Game was close for awhile and then Rose Hill just quit or something, cant explain it.

Does anyone think that the pressure is starting to get to Rose Hill? I mean they have been under a microscope and no matter what happens it doesn't seem to make some people happy.

If they win they are suppose to. If they loose there is something wrong.

I dont think any pressure is getting to them. I just think they are going through a hard time right now. They have to adjust to life without Bill Walker and get a good rotation down. If they can just pick up their D a little bit they can do something. I dont think they are feeling any pressure or anything though.

I made it to the game today in Lexington. Rose Hill looked very strong in the 1st half, but it appeared as though they ran out of gas early in the 3rd quarter. Marquis Dawson was playing real good, but got into foul trouble. OJ had a few more turnovers than he has been having lately. The big kid from Highlands had a great 2nd half. I am told that Rose Hill is really focusing on Boyd Co. and the Districts.

First half Highlands did not play well at all. Turned the ball over and missed wide open shots. They continued to play hardnosed defense to keep the game close. I think it was 22-16 RH at half.

In the second half RH scored right away but then the Birds started passing and shooting the way they can. They handled the RH press and got quite a few quick buckets and Gross and Gilles hit some quick 3's that put the Birds up. RH kept playing hard but HHS then stole the ball a couple of times and some more quick buckets. All around good team effort with balanced scoring smothering D in the second half. Highlands scored 56 in the second half and held RH to 26.

RH several times tried to contest shots inside on Neltner, Gilles and Gross and the shot went in and they fouled resulting in additional 3 point plays or goal tending calls. Klingenberg, Hall, McMahon, Witte and Guduilgi all played well.

OJ Mayo played a nice game but called for 2 quick offensive fouls driving the lane within a minute of each other. He could have pulled up on each of them and made a 6 or 8 foot shot. RH is a very good team without Walker. I would not count them out of anything.