Mayfield 35 Caldwell Co. 7

Toothpick

Missed the stats but I know we had 3 TD passes and the frosh rb ran for a pair of scores and alot of yards, he is gonna be a special back before he leaves Mayfield. Our offensive line and kicking game were huge both really stepped it up. The only glich for the kicking game was a near miss on a 52 yard field goal attempt, this kicker is the real deal

Missed the stats but I know we had 3 TD passes and the frosh rb ran for a pair of scores and alot of yards, he is gonna be a special back before he leaves Mayfield. Our offensive line and kicking game were huge both really stepped it up. The only glich for the kicking game was a near miss on a 52 yard field goal attempt, this kicker is the real deal

Was that Murell; if so, he has some great pedigree. If I'm not mistaken, his uncle is William "Yance" Murell and his dad is Danny Kirby.

Mayfield's Defense looked like they were in mid season form. The Offense still has a little work to do on the O-line but they did a good job tonight. The will be ready time the A part of our schedule starts.

Aaron Williams at reciever and saftey had a good game as did the freshman runing back Murrell. Chance Sherial(sp) had a good game also.

First, my apologies to ADopted ADmiral and any Danville fans I may have offended in the earlier Caldwell-Mayfield thread.

I was just messing with you. You guys have loads of state titles. Just wondered if you still remembered the one that got away.

Moving on, I really felt this would be a tough opener for Caldwell because of the new coach, new offense, etc. Mayfield is definitely not a program you want to be experimenting against. Of course, Caldwell didn't do itself any favors with a poor week of practice and Rodney Bell getting himself suspended for the first half of the game.

Hopefully a good learning experience for Caldwell, which likely won't face anyone any better than Mayfield the rest of the season.

Congrats to the Cards. Wish we all had "down" years like you guys.

The Cards had over 300 yards of total offense compared to just 150 for Caldwell County...Shelton had a very good opening game throwing for two touchdown passes...Murrell had two short TD runs and Chad Saxton got the final touchdown on a short run. Very good job defensively for Mayfield except for the one series late in the 1st half when they got exhausted from the heat and made some silly penalties that kept drives going for Caldwell. Great job by McNutt on the kickoffs...6 kickoffs...6 balls deep into the endzone for touchbacks causing the Tigers to have to go 80 yards. Very good opening game win for Mayfield...especially with the brutal schedule the next month or so before the start of district play. If we can stay healthy and get Trevarthan and Brown back into the groove later on when they are healthy then the Cards can make another push to the pizza box. Still a long way to go...but nice to daydream a little bit.

Good luck next week against the Marshals...and I will bet the farm the team will be more prepared for this game agains Marshall after what happened last year...should be a fun game to watch...Marshalls offense versus the Cards defense.

Good luck to Coach Barnes and the rest of the Tigers the rest of the season

Did we have to keep Adam Shelton in during the 3rd quarter? I just thought that was a dangerous move to keep him in there, he could have gotten hurt pretty bad, as someone was saying, "He was walking like Frankenstein!" I thought Logan Armstrong was the second string QB, I hadn't heard of this Heath Brooks kid yet. Pretty amazing what our kids can do when put to the challenge, all these kids stepped up despite all the injuries and players we have sitting out, that is what Mayfield football is all about, can't wait to see this team at 100%.

Did we have to keep Adam Shelton in during the 3rd quarter? I just thought that was a dangerous move to keep him in there, he could have gotten hurt pretty bad, as someone was saying, "He was walking like Frankenstein!" I thought Logan Armstrong was the second string QB, I hadn't heard of this Heath Brooks kid yet. Pretty amazing what our kids can do when put to the challenge, all these kids stepped up despite all the injuries and players we have sitting out, that is what Mayfield football is all about, can't wait to see this team at 100%.

The back up QB is Logan Armstrong but he was playing TE. The other TE had to leave the game because of cramps so Logan couldn't come out. The freshman who played QB is Brooks Heath not Heath Brooks. He is Landon's little brother. I think Coach Joe knows what he is doing. :thumb:

First, my apologies to ADopted ADmiral and any Danville fans I may have offended in the earlier Caldwell-Mayfield thread.

I was just messing with you. You guys have loads of state titles. Just wondered if you still remembered the one that got away.

Moving on, I really felt this would be a tough opener for Caldwell because of the new coach, new offense, etc. Mayfield is definitely not a program you want to be experimenting against. Of course, Caldwell didn't do itself any favors with a poor week of practice and Rodney Bell getting himself suspended for the first half of the game.

Hopefully a good learning experience for Caldwell, which likely won't face anyone any better than Mayfield the rest of the season.

Congrats to the Cards. Wish we all had "down" years like you guys.

It's all good,none taken!Good luck to Caldwell Co. the rest of the way...

The back up QB is Logan Armstrong but he was playing TE. The other TE had to leave the game because of cramps so Logan couldn't come out. The freshman who played QB is Brooks Heath not Heath Brooks. He is Landon's little brother. I think Coach Joe knows what he is doing. :thumb:

Haha, I was going from what I remember on the roster list, Brooks Heath, ok, got it now. He was quite impressive to me for a freshman, Landon's little brother, keep em rolling, lol. Adam is a very tough kid no doubt, I have seen him go thru some pretty tough licks and several cramps in the past so I guess coach Morris knows what he is doing, :thumb: