Track the USL 2017

Page 6 of Schedules were released this afternoon. Opener vs. Saint Louis on March 25. Road trip to Cincinnati set for April 22. Other two games against Cincinnat... 85 comments | 3368 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,052

    Quote Originally Posted by Theoldguy View Post
    FCC 3 Lou City 2

    Louisville fans or should I say from the look of the crowd, FCC fans break the attendance record in Louisville City with 11,000 and change, which would have been one of the smallest crowds at Nippert!
    FCC fans have been so cute on Twitter boasting tonight that they are the reason the attendance record was broken. Because surely it couldn't have been LCFC fans coming out for a nice rivalry game on a perfect evening...

    I see the terrible fans of every other pro team in Cincy have migrated to FCC. Enjoy the bottom half of the standings.
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    Theoldguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    14,178

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    FCC fans have been so cute on Twitter boasting tonight that they are the reason the attendance record was broken. Because surely it couldn't have been LCFC fans coming out for a nice rivalry game on a perfect evening...

    I see the terrible fans of every other pro team in Cincy have migrated to FCC. Enjoy the bottom half of the standings.
    Let's see Deuce, the old record was around 10,000 or maybe a few more at Sluggers Field for a Futbol match and at least from what I could see on my TV, it sure looked like the FCC fans were in numbers around 1,000 or so fans. SO.......

    Terrible fans migrating from one pro team to the other? Strange but the Reds fans are an older group may be averaging around the age of 45-65. The Bengals more of a 30-50 age group. FCC my guess is around 25-35. These are the kids that have grown up playing Futbol and made this area one of the largest areas of youth soccer in the USA behind Kansas City. They have played the game, love it, understand it and with the money they have, they followed their Club!

    BTW I have been to plenty of Futbol matches around the USA from Washington DC, Atlanta, Richmond, Bethlehem, Chicago, Columbus and have attended USL, MLS, WUSA, USMNT and USWNT World Cup Qualifiers, and World Cup Matches for both the Men and Women and I have yet to see a worse soccer pitch than what Sluggers Field has. It's so small and tell me please why UofL doesn't allow Lou City to rent it's Soccer or Football Fields. Does UofL they have that much money to not want to pick up some extra $$$$.....

    And Deuce, do you understand that as long as you are in eighth place or better you make the playoffs and if FCC were under that eighth place mark, then they would be in the bottom half but they aren't Standings

    Oh I hope you enjoy watching FCC in the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup on Aug 2nd.
    FC Cincinnati vs. Miami FC - U.S. Open Gold Cup, Game recap, Wed., July 12, 217 | Miami Herald
    FC Cincinnati, Miami FC eliminate MLS foes in in U.S. Open Cup | SI.com
    FC Cincinnati shows there is no limit to what American soccer can become - SBNation.com

  3. #78
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,052

    TL : DR

  4. #79
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Atop Meneltarma, in Numenor, looking to the West...
    Posts
    21,421

    Quote Originally Posted by Theoldguy View Post
    BTW I have been to plenty of Futbol matches around the USA from Washington DC, Atlanta, Richmond, Bethlehem, Chicago, Columbus and have attended USL, MLS, WUSA, USMNT and USWNT World Cup Qualifiers, and World Cup Matches for both the Men and Women and I have yet to see a worse soccer pitch than what Sluggers Field has. It's so small and tell me please why UofL doesn't allow Lou City to rent it's Soccer or Football Fields. Does UofL they have that much money to not want to pick up some extra $$$$.....
    To start with the easiest answer first, UofL's soccer stadium only holds about 5,000 people. It's just way to small for Lou City's needs.

    Papa John's Cardinal Stadium has the opposite problem. It holds nearly 60,000 people now and will hold well more than that when the expansion is finished next year. And with seat back chairs instead of bleachers, it is cavernous. I've been to numerous high school games with well over 20k in attendance and it looks paltry in that huge stadium. It's just too big to justify regularly playing there.

    Slugger worked perfectly in the short term given the team's needs. It's not financially viable long term, no doubt about it. Nor will it work for fans that want better sight lines and a better experience. Nor will it work for a coach who wants a bigger field and a fully natural surface.

    I'm thrilled FCC fans have a billionaire owner whose family built about half of UC's campus. It's given them one of the best stadium situations of any team in any league in the country and a boatload of cash to work with.

    But not everybody has that. I'd venture to guess that Daddy Lindner alone has more cash on hand than Louisville City's entire investment group.

    Enjoy your win and all your success. We'll see you back on our terrible field in August.

  5. #80
    Theoldguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    14,178

    First "Daddy Linder" as you called Mr. Carl Linder, is dead and Mr. Linder wasn't some rich kid born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he worked and worked hard for the money he made for his family. Nothing wrong with that at all. It might be hard to find someone who has donated more to so many in Greater Cincinnati than Mr. Linder.

    His son Carl III is the majority owner of FCC! My wife happened to have worked with him when she worked for Great American Ins back years ago and she never said a negative word about the man, other than his Father expected him to learn the business from the bottom up.

    We in this area are lucky with Eight Fortune® 500 companies calling Greater Cincinnati “home”!
    Company Fortune® 500 ranking Revenues
    The Kroger Co. #18 $115.33 billion
    P&G #36 $71.72 billion
    Macy’s #110 $25.78 billion
    Fifth Third Bancorp #389 $6.89 billion
    American Financial Group #411 $6.5 billion
    AK Steel #415 $5.83 billion
    Cincinnati Financial #476 $5.45 billion
    Western & Southern
    Financial Group
    #483 $5.4 billion
    and these business have done, do a lot of good in our community.

    Me? I am looking forward to the Harrisburg match and the Club actually having a week between games, they haven't had that in a long while.

  6. #81
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Atop Meneltarma, in Numenor, looking to the West...
    Posts
    21,421

    Quote Originally Posted by Theoldguy View Post
    First "Daddy Linder" as you called Mr. Carl Linder, is dead and Mr. Linder wasn't some rich kid born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he worked and worked hard for the money he made for his family. Nothing wrong with that at all. It might be hard to find someone who has donated more to so many in Greater Cincinnati than Mr. Linder.

    His son Carl III is the majority owner of FCC! My wife happened to have worked with him when she worked for Great American Ins back years ago and she never said a negative word about the man, other than his Father expected him to learn the business from the bottom up.

    We in this area are lucky with Eight Fortune® 500 companies calling Greater Cincinnati “home”!
    Company Fortune® 500 ranking Revenues
    The Kroger Co. #18 $115.33 billion
    P&G #36 $71.72 billion
    Macy’s #110 $25.78 billion
    Fifth Third Bancorp #389 $6.89 billion
    American Financial Group #411 $6.5 billion
    AK Steel #415 $5.83 billion
    Cincinnati Financial #476 $5.45 billion
    Western & Southern
    Financial Group
    #483 $5.4 billion
    and these business have done, do a lot of good in our community.
    Remarkable response.

    Why would I be referring to a dead guy? Of course I'm talking about the FCC owner.

    It's a great benefit to the team to have that kind of money to work with. His relationships in the local community, including the longtime one with UC, has been of great benefit to the team and it's a fantastic thing to have. Good for you.

  7. #82
    nkuclubbaseball19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10,329

    Jeez.

    Yes the FCC attendance is something to be proud of but touting it every second is absurd. I think of the team was honest, they will tell you that they'd rather be in Louisville's spot in the table as opposed to their own even if it meant lower attendance numbers.

    And to say FCC broke the attendance record is silly. If 1,000 of the 11,000 were FCC fans, that means Louisville fans accounted for the vast majority. What if the fan that walked in and broke the record was a D.C. United fan that was in the area and wanted to catch a game? Should we say D.C. United fans are the reason the record was broken?

    It's all childish bickering.

    FCC won a game that helped them move up in the standings and against a very good USL foe. That should be what matters. Not the stupid attendance talk.

  8. #83
    TylerDurden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    537 Paper Street
    Posts
    466

    Quote Originally Posted by Theoldguy View Post
    First "Daddy Linder" as you called Mr. Carl Linder, is dead and Mr. Linder wasn't some rich kid born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he worked and worked hard for the money he made for his family. Nothing wrong with that at all. It might be hard to find someone who has donated more to so many in Greater Cincinnati than Mr. Linder.

    His son Carl III is the majority owner of FCC! My wife happened to have worked with him when she worked for Great American Ins back years ago and she never said a negative word about the man, other than his Father expected him to learn the business from the bottom up.
    Getslow said "Daddy Lindner"...which I would assume was a reference to "Daddy Warbucks", the rich benefactor from Little Orphan Annie. Carl Jr's nickname was "Uncle Carl", not "Daddy Lindner", so I don't see the need to bring Carl Jr into the discussion, or his company, or other Fortune 500 companies from Cincinnati unless your intent was to point out how FCC has what you might call a leg up on the competition when it comes to financial backing from Carl III. Having team money is always a good thing.

  9. #84
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Atop Meneltarma, in Numenor, looking to the West...
    Posts
    21,421

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Getslow said "Daddy Lindner"...which I would assume was a reference to "Daddy Warbucks", the rich benefactor from Little Orphan Annie. Carl Jr's nickname was "Uncle Carl", not "Daddy Lindner", so I don't see the need to bring Carl Jr into the discussion, or his company, or other Fortune 500 companies from Cincinnati unless your intent was to point out how FCC has what you might call a leg up on the competition when it comes to financial backing from Carl III. Having team money is always a good thing.
    Yes. Merely pointing out that FCC has a fantastic financial situation that most teams in this league would kill for. The stadium situation -- through the Lindner family's relationship with UC -- begets lots of other advantages, not the least of which is that people want to come back and see more games in an exciting, action-filled environment with good sight lines and an entertaining product.

    FCC is now carrying a 28-player roster (TWENTY-EIGHT!!). FCC's financial situation allows them to do that, and will help greatly with their schedule congestion as they continue to be involved in both league play and the Open Cup.

    For comparison's sake, among the top three teams in the standings right now, Charleston and Charlotte carry 22 players and Louisville carries 20.

    That depth will help them a great deal through the heart of the summer.

  10. #85
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,908

    I was thrilled to jump on Twitter and see that they had beaten Louisville after I worked Saturday Night. Just keep climbing in the standings and get a home game for the playoffs.

  11. #86
    Theoldguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    14,178

    FCC 3 Islanders 0

    FCC moves up to 5th place with the "W"
    Goals by Djiby's, Konig and McLaughlin and Mitch earns a clean sheet.

    Had a great time at the match although the Lightning delays were a bit much since I never saw a lightning strike in the sky either time and during the second stoppage, the Reds were still playing.

Top