Snobbiest Fans

Page 2 of Who ya got?... 20 comments | 5257 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Snobbiest Fans

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Soccer

    10 76.92%
  • Golf

    3 23.08%
  1. #16
    StrongSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Location
    Birds Nest
    Posts
    1,566

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Soccer, they try to defend it so hard even though it is a horrible thing to watch.

    Not that golf is easy to watch.
    I agree for a normal golf tournament it is not that enticing but I enjoy watching the Major tournaments as much as football.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,311

    Quote Originally Posted by StrongSide View Post
    I agree for a normal golf tournament it is not that enticing but I enjoy watching the Major tournaments as much as football.
    Sunday’s can be fun to watch.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    9,816

    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Yeah, golf and action do not exactly go together, do they.
    What about when the commentator says, "That's a beautiful golf shot"? What other kind of shot would it be during a golf tournament? Another thing about golf: It's annoying when they refer to golf tournament sites by, e.g., Shinnecock, Torrey Pines, Firestone, etc. The common Joe doesn't know where these places are. Would it kill them to say the name of the city, too, so we peons might know where the tournament is actually being held?

  4. #19
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    10,091

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    What about when the commentator says, "That's a beautiful golf shot"? What other kind of shot would it be during a golf tournament? Another thing about golf: It's annoying when they refer to golf tournament sites by, e.g., Shinnecock, Torrey Pines, Firestone, etc. The common Joe doesn't know where these places are. Would it kill them to say the name of the city, too, so we peons might know where the tournament is actually being held?
    Does someone refer Lambeau Field by sayings it’s in Green Bay, or Wrigley Field in Chicago or, Fenway Park in Boston?

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    9,816

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Does someone refer Lambeau Field by sayings it’s in Green Bay, or Wrigley Field in Chicago or, Fenway Park in Boston?
    1000x more people know those places than a golf course (excepting Augusta National maybe). Plus, those names have been identified with a specific city and team - Green Bay Packers, Chicago Cubs, Boson Red Sox - for years and for at least 81 home games a year (for baseball).
    Golf tournaments have no home team to connect with a city and very rarely (to my knowledge) does the official name of the tournament include the city where it is being played.

  6. #21
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    10,091

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    1000x more people know those places than a golf course (excepting Augusta National maybe). Plus, those names have been identified with a specific city and team - Green Bay Packers, Chicago Cubs, Boson Red Sox - for years and for at least 81 home games a year (for baseball).
    Golf tournaments have no home team to connect with a city and very rarely (to my knowledge) does the official name of the tournament include the city where it is being played.
    My point was simply it doesn’t matter WHERE the venue is it’s thd venue itself that is important. It’s not important to know that Shinnecock is on Long Island or Torrey Pines is in SoCal just like it doesn’t matter that Wrigley Field is in Chicago. The venue is what matters. If Wrigley Field and the Cubs organization were in Columbus, OH it wouldn’t make it less historic than it is in Chicago.

Top