Golf finally gets it right

  1. #1
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,861

    Golf finally gets it right

    About dang time.

    Golf will no longer accept input from fans on rules violations
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    jahearme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 04
    Location
    On the 18th, putting for birdie
    Posts
    7,415

    Great news.

    I'm still not sure how one person is going to watch all those golfers on the telecast though. Maybe I read it wrong.

  3. #3
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    47,244

    Hallelujah! It's about time!

  4. #4
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,861

    The other thing that I like is the removal of the 2-stroke penalty for signing an improper scorecard because of a post-round infraction.

    Honestly, if their "observer" can't find anything before the round is over, it should be officially closed anyway.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    5,314

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    The other thing that I like is the removal of the 2-stroke penalty for signing an improper scorecard because of a post-round infraction.

    Honestly, if their "observer" can't find anything before the round is over, it should be officially closed anyway.
    I still contend that the 4 stroke penalty on Lexi was in error and should have only been a 2 stroke penalty. The player did not sign an incorrect scorecard if the penalty is not assessed until the next day. The player signed what they and every official on the course believed to be a correct scorecard and it was the correct score at that time of the signature.

  6. #6
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,861

    Quote Originally Posted by frankdracman23 View Post
    I still contend that the 4 stroke penalty on Lexi was in error and should have only been a 2 stroke penalty. The player did not sign an incorrect scorecard if the penalty is not assessed until the next day. The player signed what they and every official on the course believed to be a correct scorecard and it was the correct score at that time of the signature.
    Yes, that was 100% stupid. I can't believe that rule existed as long as it did. Totally oblivious of reality. Nobody in their right mind is going to deliberately sign an incorrect scorecard...especially when the event is televised. It's not like some reporter is waiting for them at the next tee asking everyone "So, what'd you have on the last hole?"

  7. #7
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,027

    Good.

  8. #8
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,334

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    Yes, that was 100% stupid. I can't believe that rule existed as long as it did. Totally oblivious of reality. Nobody in their right mind is going to deliberately sign an incorrect scorecard...especially when the event is televised. It's not like some reporter is waiting for them at the next tee asking everyone "So, what'd you have on the last hole?"
    Well, unless you are knowingly cheating.

  9. #9
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,384

    Nothing worse than the ridiculous 4 stroke penalties. Don't forget back in 2013 either the 4 stroke penalty assessed to Tiger because he got the unluckiest break of all time and nailed the pin on 15 and went in the water. He then took an improper drop too far behind where he previously hit and they didn't catch it until after the round. Tiger was in contention before that hole too. That hole cost him 5 shots and maybe the tournament. Golf is such an amazing sport that has been ruined too many times by stupid rules. I'm glad this is being taken care of.

Top