FCC Stadium site options

  1. #1
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    33,914

    FCC Stadium site options

    Apparently the ownership is looking at three sites for a proposed $100,000,000 stadium. Taft Stadium site which is the closest to OTR, Oakley Station off of I-71 and the Newport flood wall. Oakley seems too far from the heart of Cincinnati, personally third on my list. Newport would be sweet spot with the city views but would FCC really want to be in NKY? The Taft High School site seems to make the most sense, located in OTR, game days would be crazy good for the local businesses in the area and could really help the Connector ridership.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    6,761

    IRS Building site in Covington is out of play now?

  3. #3
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,762

    $100,000,000? Why?

  4. #4
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,888

    Anybody been to the FCC bar the House of Orange on 5th street?

  5. #5
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Atop Meneltarma, in Numenor, looking to the West...
    Posts
    21,718

    Big day. FC Cincinnati's stadium bid featured in "Field of Schemes", a blog dedicated to ending the practice of publicly finding professional sporting venues.

    Cincy soccer team exec: We’ve never asked for subsidies before, so give us $1m as thanks | Field of Schemes

    That's how you know you've gone big-time.

  6. #6
    B-Ball-fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    10,900

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Anybody been to the FCC bar the House of Orange on 5th street?
    Not yet, but the big ugly white (and orange) monstrosity of a building caught me off guard as I was driving past it the other day.

    At first I thought that a giant white truck was blocking my view of the building, then I realized that it was the building.

    The place has been various things over the years, and mostly nothing in recent years, and I'm happy that it's going to finally be used for something, yet not at all thrilled with the out-of-place ugliness that it is becoming.

    Big time eyesore.

    The building itself originally was pretty nifty with its natural brick and rot iron fencing touches, and the only thing that it was missing was being utilized for something.

    I'll assume that eventually it'll sorta grow on me, but I'll never forget what a good looking historical building that it once was to now just give way to it's ridiculous comic book cartoonish colors.

    Yuck!

  7. #7
    Theoldguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    14,392

    Quote Originally Posted by NEERFAN View Post
    Apparently the ownership is looking at three sites for a proposed $100,000,000 stadium. Taft Stadium site which is the closest to OTR, Oakley Station off of I-71 and the Newport flood wall. Oakley seems too far from the heart of Cincinnati, personally third on my list. Newport would be sweet spot with the city views but would FCC really want to be in NKY? The Taft High School site seems to make the most sense, located in OTR, game days would be crazy good for the local businesses in the area and could really help the Connector ridership.
    and why not Newport? My guess and it's only a guess but I think NKy and the Commonwealth would be more open to work with FCC $$$. Now the big question is, will the Ohio snobs be willing to cross the very, very, wide Ohio River (at least from Ohio to Ky not so wide from Ky to Ohio) to attend a match in Kentucky. Personally I think the Covington IRS location is much better and then the FCC could stand for FC Covington. Oh that would just kill the Ohio folks! LOL

  8. #8
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,432

    Quote Originally Posted by Theoldguy View Post
    and why not Newport? My guess and it's only a guess but I think NKy and the Commonwealth would be more open to work with FCC $$$. Now the big question is, will the Ohio snobs be willing to cross the very, very, wide Ohio River (at least from Ohio to Ky not so wide from Ky to Ohio) to attend a match in Kentucky. Personally I think the Covington IRS location is much better and then the FCC could stand for FC Covington. Oh that would just kill the Ohio folks! LOL
    Were not going to get a bridge, might as well get a Soccer Team. BTW KY wont do a thing, because they will have to do it for Louisville too. We know the governor doesnt like Louisville.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    5,157

    From a practical standpoint (value of land and ease of acquiring land) the only choice that makes sense is Newport.

    That said no one is going to pony up any public money so it is likely never going to happen.

    Got to be careful with the "teams must have their own stadium" dictated rule. Eventually they are going to run out of cities that can "build" a stadium.

Top