FC Cincinnati to MLS

Page 3 of Please move the discussion about FCC's move to MLS to this thread. Stadium conversation can be continued in the existing thread. Thanks. 0 0 0   &... 51 comments | 11102 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    36,684

    Advertisement

  2. #32
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    36,684


  3. #33
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    36,684


  4. #34
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,822

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    That Rhinegeist symbol looks awesome and sure does pop on those!

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Can anbody explain to me what happened in the FC Cincy match tonight? Dude from the other team comes in hard and basically takes out the FC Cincy player, gets a yellow card, that I understand. The dude from the other team then waves his finger around and touches the FC Cincy player, and everyone losses their mind. Then a different FC Cincy player runs up and gets in the face of this dude from the other team and the dude from the other team gets a Red Card. What????? The FC Cincy player that ran up to the opposing player ran up, bumped him, and then fell down like he shot like a marine sniper and then flopped around like a fish out of water.

    I dont understand how the opposing player got the red card, or why the FC Cincy player was acting a fool.

  6. #36
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,822

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Can anbody explain to me what happened in the FC Cincy match tonight? Dude from the other team comes in hard and basically takes out the FC Cincy player, gets a yellow card, that I understand. The dude from the other team then waves his finger around and touches the FC Cincy player, and everyone losses their mind. Then a different FC Cincy player runs up and gets in the face of this dude from the other team and the dude from the other team gets a Red Card. What????? The FC Cincy player that ran up to the opposing player ran up, bumped him, and then fell down like he shot like a marine sniper and then flopped around like a fish out of water.

    I dont understand how the opposing player got the red card, or why the FC Cincy player was acting a fool.
    I can't give you a very good answer, but I think I heard a fan say that the red card was a second yellow, resulting in a red.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I can't give you a very good answer, but I think I heard a fan say that the red card was a second yellow, resulting in a red.
    Ok but the guy from the other team wasnt the one who made the contact it was the FC Cincy player. Just trying to understand it.

  8. #38
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,822

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Ok but the guy from the other team wasnt the one who made the contact it was the FC Cincy player. Just trying to understand it.
    I'm curious how it all went down. I'll ask one of my co-workers when I get a chance to see them.

  9. #39
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,122

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Ok but the guy from the other team wasnt the one who made the contact it was the FC Cincy player. Just trying to understand it.
    It was classic baiting of someone who was already angry into doing something stupid to get sent off. The second person in a sports fight seems to always get the worst punishment.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    10,790

    With all the land and vacant buildings around the Cincinnati area, why do they have to take away a baseball/softball complex?

    Source: FC Cincinnati to buy Milford baseball and softball complex | WKRC

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by nees1212 View Post
    With all the land and vacant buildings around the Cincinnati area, why do they have to take away a baseball/softball complex?

    Source: FC Cincinnati to buy Milford baseball and softball complex | WKRC
    It was cheap cheap cheap.

  12. #42
    afi100guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    5 Guys, not just a restaurant name anymore!!
    Posts
    2,879

    Quote Originally Posted by nees1212 View Post
    With all the land and vacant buildings around the Cincinnati area, why do they have to take away a baseball/softball complex?

    Source: FC Cincinnati to buy Milford baseball and softball complex | WKRC
    I would guess timing and price were the key points. It will be much quicker to turn a current athletic facility into what is needed vs. starting from scratch.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    It is interesting that they would pick property not in Hamilton County and outside of City of Cincinnati.

  14. #44
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    I've a seat by the fire, so I shan't move.
    Posts
    22,437

    Story goes that Orlando City had to up their offer to James O’Connor to get him to move after former Portland Timbers coach Caleb Porter turned them down.

    Porter coached at Akron and played at IU so he’s got some midwest credentials. Plus as a former US youth coach, he knows people everywhere.

    If I’m FCC, I think I’m throwing the kitchen sink at Porter to get him to coach in Ohio next season.

  15. #45
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,353

    Ticket prices announced for inaugural season!
    $199 for a seat license and tickets will range from $12.00 to $80.

Top