2 Players from each sport...

Page 2 of We will just do baseball, basketball, and football. Say you have the 1st 2 picks of each draft and you could draft any 2 players you wanted for the next 5 years. What combinations are you going with? I'd would probably go... NBA Lebron D. Howard... 86 comments | 1183 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #21
    Premium Member
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    63,785

    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    Either way, the fact that you put Votto over Tulo is a straight homer pick...
    Say the guy who had Stanton.


    I bet you anything some GMs would take a 1B first. Why are they the highest paid players in the game?
    Advertisement

  2. #22
    Premium Member
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    48,012

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Say the guy who had Stanton.

    I was going to say the same thing. (Not to mention Cabrera is his favorite player)

  3. #23
    Premium Member
    formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    24,548

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Say the guy who had Stanton.


    I bet you anything some GMs would take a 1B first. Why are they the highest paid players in the game?
    I missed the 5 year part and I admitted it was slightly homer even then.

  4. #24
    Premium Member
    formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    24,548

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. (Not to mention Cabrera is his favorite player)
    Favorite non-Marlin (I think).

    Cabrera may be a fat, crazy, drunk but he rakes while being a fat, crazy, drunk. Hell, with Votto wouldn't I have to worry about his fragile psyche and him going on the DL for anxiety...again?

    Besides all that, what in this post are you disputing?

    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    Miggy:
    2011 - 7.2 WAR
    2010 - 7.1 WAR
    Half his games at Comerica

    Votto:
    2010 - 5.9 WAR
    2011 - 6.5 WAR (this was higher than I thought)
    Half his games at GABP


    ...and defense at 1B??? If that's the lynch pin to your argument then it's over. I'm sticking Miggy's fat butt at first and telling him to catch the ball when it comes his way. 1B is FAR from a premium defensive position.

  5. #25
    Premium Member
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    63,785

    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    Favorite non-Marlin.

    But, what in this post are you disputing?
    Votto ave WAR in 4 full seasons is 4.9
    Cabrera ave WAR in 8 full season is 4.9

    Cabrera has a negative dWAR as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    Miggy:
    2011 - 7.2 WAR
    2010 - 7.1 WAR
    Half his games at Comerica

    Votto:
    2010 - 5.9 WAR
    2011 - 6.5 WAR (this was higher than I thought)
    Half his games at GABP


    ...and defense at 1B??? If that's the lynch pin to your argument then it's over. I'm sticking Miggy's fat butt at first and telling him to catch the ball when it comes his way. 1B is FAR from a premium defensive position.

    Plus Joey isn't fat, less likely to break down.

  6. #26
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Posts
    724

    Homers are everywhere around here. Gotta remove all emotional ties if you want to make the correct decisions.

  7. #27
    Premium Member
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    63,785

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals>Steelers View Post
    Homers are everywhere around here. Gotta remove all emotional ties if you want to make the correct decisions.
    So what is your pick?

  8. #28
    Premium Member
    formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    24,548

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Votto ave WAR in 4 full seasons is 4.9
    Cabrera ave WAR in 8 full season is 4.9

    Cabrera has a negative dWAR as well.




    Plus Joey isn't fat, less likely to break down.
    There is nothing at all to show that Cabrera is likely to break down. Once again, if defense is the lynch pin to your argument it's over. You're desperately grasping here.

    Be smart, take Tulo, and move on.

  9. #29
    Premium Member
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    63,785

    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    There is nothing at all to show that Cabrera is likely to break down. Once again, if defense is the lynch pin to your argument it's over. You're desperately grasping here.

    Be smart, take Tulo, and move on.
    I'll stick with the guy who has been healthy (Physically ) his whole career.

  10. #30
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Posts
    724

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    So what is your pick?
    It's in the original post.

  11. #31
    Premium Member
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    63,785

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals>Steelers View Post
    It's in the original post.
    Sorry.

    Doh!!

  12. #32
    Premium Member
    formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    24,548

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I'll stick with the guy who has been healthy (Physically ) his whole career.
    At least we know what team is going to finish last in the BGP division.

  13. #33
    Premium Member
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    48,012

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals>Steelers View Post
    Homers are everywhere around here. Gotta remove all emotional ties if you want to make the correct decisions.
    I didn't make a homer pick....

    I went a different route than everyone else.

  14. #34
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Posts
    724

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Sorry.
    It's all good. The biggest decision baseball wise for me was whether to take 2 pitchers. Having the top 2 pitchers in the game would make for a tough team to beat, especially in the playoffs. But in the end I think the best everyday SS who is just entering his prime is too much to pass up.

  15. #35
    Premium Member
    formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    24,548

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I didn't make a homer pick....

    I went a different route than everyone else.
    Neither did I (once I realized the full question).

  16. #36
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Posts
    724

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I didn't make a homer pick....

    I went a different route than everyone else.
    Didn't say you did. Just looked at yours and main thing I don't like is D Rose. I just don't see one argument that you could make for taking him over Lebron.

  17. #37
    Premium Member
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    48,012

    ^Lebron is going to breakdown within the next 5 years IMO.

    Plus if I'm starting a team, I want the best scorer and the best PG in the game on my team. I get that with Durant and Rose.

  18. #38
    Premium Member
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    63,785

    I don't see any reason to take a PG in the NBA. Right now there is a ton of talent at PG.

  19. #39
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Posts
    724

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    ^Lebron is going to breakdown within the next 5 years IMO.

    Plus if I'm starting a team, I want the best scorer and the best PG in the game on my team. I get that with Durant and Rose.
    Mehh agree to disagree then. Rose would be about number 10 on the list of people I would take. And if Lebron slows down 20% then he would still be more valuable than Rose.

  20. #40
    Premium Member
    formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    24,548

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I don't see any reason to take a PG in the NBA. Right now there is a ton of talent at PG.
    *biting my tongue*

Top