Louisville 4 Mississippi State 3 (CWS)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,774

    Louisville 4 Mississippi State 3 (CWS)

    UL scores 2 in the 7th and 2 more in the bottom of the 9th to overcome a 3-run deficit and advance to the final four in Omaha where they will take on Vanderbilt again (Vandy won the first meeting between the two in the CWS 3-1). To advance to the championship series UL will have to beat Vandy twice. Texas Tech and Michigan will play in the other semi-final. Texas Tech will need to win twice to advance.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,574

    This side of the bracket is just dumb loaded.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,774

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    This side of the bracket is just dumb loaded.
    UL's opponents have all been SEC teams.....Vandy, Auburn, Miss. State and Vandy again. They've knocked two of them out of the tournament but it's a tall task to beat Vandy twice.

  4. #4
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,574

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    UL's opponents have all been SEC teams.....Vandy, Auburn, Miss. State and Vandy again. They've knocked two of them out of the tournament but it's a tall task to beat Vandy twice.
    Agreed. Vandy or Louisville will be the National Champion.

  5. #5
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,728

    The strike zone was wildly inconsistent last night. As bad as I've ever seen in Omaha.

    Louisville just hunkered down at the end and got it done. The freshman pitcher started off rough in relief, then just shut them down. Miss St could have put it away but he slammed the door on them.

  6. #6
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,574

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    The strike zone was wildly inconsistent last night. As bad as I've ever seen in Omaha.

    Louisville just hunkered down at the end and got it done. The freshman pitcher started off rough in relief, then just shut them down. Miss St could have put it away but he slammed the door on them.
    Yeah the strike zone was wild last night. He was really bad. Let's get these robo umps going.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,774

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    The strike zone was wildly inconsistent last night. As bad as I've ever seen in Omaha.

    Louisville just hunkered down at the end and got it done. The freshman pitcher started off rough in relief, then just shut them down. Miss St could have put it away but he slammed the door on them.
    I agree. He was very inconsistent. It is a testament to both teams' batters that they did display more frustration - if not disgust - with the calls.

  8. #8
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,728

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Yeah the strike zone was wild last night. He was really bad. Let's get these robo umps going.
    I want them too!!!

Top