Beef

Page 2 of Originally posted by Jim Schue You don't REALLY want to make that trip. Nothing against NewCath and the tradition, but that is a game that will be a lo... 26 comments | 1207 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    makaveliX2801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    16,579

    Last year's game with Beechwood: Jeff Wera happened. He was the difference between us (NewCath) and Beechwood this past year. Had they had a young, unexperienced (but very talented) sophomore QB like NewCath, it would have been NewCath vs. Danville in the Finals. Once they got the safety on us, couldn't keep scoring with them. Tried to let Sam Diehl to bring us back, didn't give the ball to Kevin as much, couldn't come all the way back, but made a good fight out of it.

    I really hope we make the trip to Pikeville also.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Beef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    Wanting to go to Commonwealth Stadium!
    Posts
    5,571

    Originally posted by makaveliX2801
    Last year's game with Beechwood: Jeff Wera happened. He was the difference between us (NewCath) and Beechwood this past year. Had they had a young, unexperienced (but very talented) sophomore QB like NewCath, it would have been NewCath vs. Danville in the Finals. Once they got the safety on us, couldn't keep scoring with them. Tried to let Sam Diehl to bring us back, didn't give the ball to Kevin as much, couldn't come all the way back, but made a good fight out of it.

    I really hope we make the trip to Pikeville also.
    So you're blaming the whole loss on your QB??? That's pretty harsh:fight:

  3. #18
    makaveliX2801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    16,579

    Originally posted by Beef
    So you're blaming the whole loss on your QB??? That's pretty harsh:fight:
    Not blaming it on Sam, he was awesome, and will continue to be awesome starting for us...but I'd be stupid to say that he was better than Jeff Wera.

    Jeff Wera was the difference for Beechwood. I said that we tried to let Sam bring us back, and he almost did, but Jeff Wera was just too much.

  4. #19
    rliv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 04
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    259

    Originally posted by makaveliX2801
    NewCath will be dominant this year because they almost were last year
    I am arrogant because I can,
    Last edited by rliv; Mar 29, 04 at 07:49 AM.

  5. #20
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    54,151

    Originally posted by makaveliX2801
    I really hope we make the trip to Pikeville also.
    You don't REALLY want to make that trip. Nothing against NewCath and the tradition, but that is a game that will be a lost one for the NoKy boys (should it come to pass). I say this as someone originally from NoKy but who also lived in Pikeville for a year. A difficult road trip for anyone to have to make.

    I'm terribly impressed at how P'Ville came on the road and beat Somerset. Talent-wise, Somerset should've won. The Briar Jumpers took the Panthers lightly, and it came back to bite 'em.
    Last edited by Jim Schue; Mar 29, 04 at 08:00 AM.

  6. #21
    makaveliX2801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    16,579

    Originally posted by Jim Schue
    You don't REALLY want to make that trip. Nothing against NewCath and the tradition, but that is a game that will be a lost one for the NoKy boys (should it come to pass).
    That doesn't hold any weight with me, nor does it with probably anyone outside of Pikeville.

  7. #22
    rliv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 04
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    259

    Originally posted by makaveliX2801
    That doesn't hold any weight with me, nor does it with probably anyone outside of Pikeville.
    Somebody from outside of Pikeville just told you who would win LOL...

    Now you know how we feel about your opinion on NCC! And you know nothing about Pikeville's team whatsoever...so we should let it die for now and everyone will find out who's right soon enough.
    Last edited by rliv; Mar 29, 04 at 02:27 PM.

  8. #23
    makaveliX2801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    16,579

    I know enough about Pikeville from seeing the score of the Lynn Camp game, then the score of the Beechwood/Lynn Camp game, to know they were just like the rest of the East last year...a joke.

    Prove to me why you think they are better than proven NCC next year, and I'll believe you.

  9. #24
    rliv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 04
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    259

    Originally posted by makaveliX2801
    I know enough about Pikeville from seeing the score of the Lynn Camp game, then the score of the Beechwood/Lynn Camp game, to know they were just like the rest of the East last year...a joke.

    Prove to me why you think they are better than proven NCC next year, and I'll believe you.
    Proven NCC? All they proved to me was they couldn't beat one of the worst teams Beechwood has had in quite awhile...and Pikeville's leading rusher was out against Lynn Camp, and Lynn Camp ran all over Beechwood (who beat NCC) w/o THEIR leading rusher. I'm not going to prove anything to you, I'll let the Pikeville team do it. Mak = if NCC makes it down to Pikeville, which until they beat one of Beechwood's weakest teams will just be wannabes...I'm out before we ruin Beef's thread...talk to you when football starts...

  10. #25
    makaveliX2801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    16,579

    Not one of Beechwood's worst teams ever, one of Danville's best teams ever my friend.

    Now I really can't wait until football season.

  11. #26
    chinesebandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    I don't think so, Scooter!
    Posts
    1,765

    Originally posted by makaveliX2801
    Not one of Beechwood's worst teams ever, one of Danville's best teams ever my friend.

    Now I really can't wait until football season.
    Mak, my friend don't let the Panther faithful get to you. I like P4L, Beef and rliv, along with the knowledge of the game they possess. They devote a lot into their program if you couldn't tell. Pikeville is a good team, along with NCC and Beechwood. All this talk is going to get someone in trouble I'm afraid. I'd like to see the match up next season but it may not even happen. So let's let the players speak on the field, actions speak louder than words.

  12. #27
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    151,593

    C'mon guys, this thread is supposed to be about Turkey.

Top