Why is Kneeling disrespectful?

Page 2 of I kneel when I pray. I would kneel if I met the Queen. My catholic friends tell me they kneel to kiss the hand of a high ranking Bishop. I knelt before... 74 comments | 1386 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,612

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    So if you're on trial. You're in court and the judge enters. The bailiff says, "All rise." You're going to take a knee?
    In that case the State has detained you.

    I think it is Apples and Oranges.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    231

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    In that case the State has detained you.

    I think it is Apples and Oranges.
    Fine, make it the prosecution. Doesn't matter. The point is that kneeling in some instances is disrespectful and there will be consequences. There are no laws against not standing in the courtroom but you'd be stupid to not do it.

  3. #18
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,612

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Fine, make it the prosecution. Doesn't matter. The point is that kneeling in some instances is disrespectful and there will be consequences. There are no laws against not standing in the courtroom but you'd be stupid to not do it.
    Do you think it is disrespectful to kneel for the National Anthem if you are a NFL Football Player?

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    231

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Do you think it is disrespectful to kneel for the National Anthem if you are a NFL Football Player?
    Yes, no matter who you are.

  5. #20
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,612

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Yes, no matter who you are.
    What if you are praying?

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    231

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    What if you are praying?
    No. I stated that already. The act of kneeling itself is not disrespectful--as PP1 pointed out in the first post.

  7. #22
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,612

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    No. I stated that already. The act of kneeling itself is not disrespectful--as PP1 pointed out in the first post.
    I want to be sure I understand.

    Is it okay for anyone to kneel and pray during the National Anthem?

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    231

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I want to be sure I understand.

    Is it okay for anyone to kneel and pray during the National Anthem?
    If someone knelt during the National Anthem and said that he was praying for the country, I think very few would have issue with that (although a few still might). Again, I don't think the act itself is disrespectful. Time and place.

  9. #24
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,612

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    If someone knelt during the National Anthem and said that he was praying for the country, I think very few would have issue with that (although a few still might). Again, I don't think the act itself is disrespectful. Time and place.
    Sounds like you are on the fence.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    231

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Sounds like you are on the fence.
    No. Think I've been pretty clear. Few things are 100%. Circumstances change things, don't you think?

  11. #26
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,612

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    No. Think I've been pretty clear. Few things are 100%. Circumstances change things, don't you think?
    You probably have been clear, I just want to make sure I have a clear understanding.

    Is it okay for anyone to kneel and pray to Allah during the National Anthem?

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    231

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    You probably have been clear, I just want to make sure I have a clear understanding.

    Is it okay for anyone to kneel and pray to Allah during the National Anthem?
    Again, if they come out and say that they are praying for the country, then I think that would be received differently than a protest.

  13. #28
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,612

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Again, if they come out and say that they are praying for the country, then I think that would be received differently than a protest.
    So praying to Allah would be a protest?

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    231

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    So praying to Allah would be a protest?
    What? No. I have no idea where you're going.

  15. #30
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,612

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    What? No. I have no idea where you're going.
    Yes or No, is it okay for anyone to kneel and pray to Allah during the National Anthem?

Top