Who You Want As Your Starting QB?

Page 2 of Originally Posted by halfback20 Good job demonstrating you know nothing about football again here. At least it wont take any new people very long to fi... 123 comments | 4117 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,511

    Dalton, Romo, Eli, JF. Romo and Eli are in the media crosshair at this point.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    One of the guys in that list has won 2 Super Bowls and more playoff games than all of the others combined. That one isn't even fair.

  3. #18
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,250

    Quote Originally Posted by JokersWild24 View Post
    One of the guys in that list has won 2 Super Bowls and more playoff games than all of the others combined. That one isn't even fair.
    I think he has more super bowl wins than the rest have playoff wins.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    I think he has more super bowl wins than the rest have playoff wins.
    I don't get people dumping on Eli all the time. I'm not saying he's one of the 5 best QB's in the league, but you don't "back into 2 Super Bowl wins" or do something like that just based on luck.

    I can see a guy who isn't a great QB riding a defense and special teams play to 1 win. Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl, but Eli is not that. Eli Manning was the Super Bowl MVP-- twice.

    #1 pick in the draft, two Super Bowl wins, two time Super Bowl MVP. That sounds like a talented player whose lived up to the draft slot in my book.

  5. #20
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,768

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    I think he has more super bowl wins than the rest have playoff wins.
    He has had a nice career, no doubt about it. Very nice in fact. However, if you were taking over an organization tomorrow and needed a QB for the foreseeable future, you'd take Eli over Dalton? I'm not sure Eli's best days are ahead of him, that is the basis for me. Romo is a clear 3rd because he is so loosey-goosey with the football, and doesn't strike me as either a leader, nor a student of the game. Manziel is last, and likely would be regardless of what names had been included in the mix.

  6. #21
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,254

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    It's also a sure fire way to sell tickets and merchandise.
    Winning sells more tickets.

  7. #22
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,457

    Give me the guy that has played in, and won, the Super Bowl.

  8. #23
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,250

    Quote Originally Posted by JokersWild24 View Post

    I don't get people dumping on Eli all the time. I'm not saying he's one of the 5 best QB's in the league, but you don't "back into 2 Super Bowl wins" or do something like that just based on luck.

    I can see a guy who isn't a great QB riding a defense and special teams play to 1 win. Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl, but Eli is not that. Eli Manning was the Super Bowl MVP-- twice.

    #1 pick in the draft, two Super Bowl wins, two time Super Bowl MVP. That sounds like a talented player whose lived up to the draft slot in my book.

    He's also durable and fantastic when the game is on the line. Everyone wants to give credit to the team around him for the super bowl wins, but they want to blame him only for the Giants struggles recently. They ignore the fact that his offensive line was terrible last year, his receivers took a year off (I'm looking at you Hakeem Nicks) and the run game didn't have a back gain over 500 yards.

    I think they will line things out a little this year, but last night wasn't on Eli. It was the first night in a new offense...and the o line was bad all around. Victor Cruz didn't show up, receivers weren't looking when they were supposed to be, and. Rueben Randle might as well not have played. But it's all Eli's fault to some.

    I'll give Dalton some credit when he wins anything other than a regular season game. For now, I'm happy with the two time champ/MVP. Call me a homer...I don't care. I'm proud of it.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,411

    1. Eli
    2. Dalton
    3. Romo
    4. Manziel

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,011

    Manziel. Not that it hunk he's great but at least he's unknown. 2 years ago it would have been Eli in a no contest.

    Manziel. You either get a stud or you get a chance to draft high again in two years. The other three are mediocre enough that you probably never do bad enough to replace them.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    I can see why people might say Dalton if we're looking at 5 years from now, but even then I'm not convinced. Hold all else constant and make Eli a Bengal and Dalton a Giant. I think the Giants are definitely worse and the Bengals are still better. Eli with AJ Green and Gio is nasty at your skill positions given that he can hold up against a rush.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    To the above: Dalton can't avoid a pass rush when it comes and his lack of overall talent leads to mistakes. Eli has an awful line that leaves him in situations that you could put almost any starting QB in the league in and they'd struggle.

  13. #28
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    30,907

    Nobody wants Josh McCown?

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,344

    Andy Dalton

    none of the others would be a good backup.

  15. #30
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht View Post
    He has had a nice career, no doubt about it. Very nice in fact. However, if you were taking over an organization tomorrow and needed a QB for the foreseeable future, you'd take Eli over Dalton? I'm not sure Eli's best days are ahead of him, that is the basis for me. Romo is a clear 3rd because he is so loosey-goosey with the football, and doesn't strike me as either a leader, nor a student of the game. Manziel is last, and likely would be regardless of what names had been included in the mix.
    Last year Dalton had twice as many INT's as Romo and only 2 more TD's. Whose loosey-goosey with the football again? Romo had a better completion % and QBR.

Top