Which QB would you draft if you were the Browns

Page 5 of Me:Josh Adams Wyoming Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 72 comments | 9364 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,814

    Quote Originally Posted by coldweatherfan View Post
    Given my druthers.

    I would try to sign Teddy Bridgewater. He's got a long career ahead of him.

    Keep Kizer as your back up and try to develop him.

    At that point both the long and short term needs are filled at QB.

    Then draft needs.
    Question on what Teddy Bridgewater has done to make you think he has a long career in front of him? Before his devastating knee injury, he still hadn't done much and was at best an average QB. I think he will eventually get a chance to start elsewhere, but his long term prognosis IMO is going to be a career backup eventually.
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    9,172

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Question on what Teddy Bridgewater has done to make you think he has a long career in front of him? Before his devastating knee injury, he still hadn't done much and was at best an average QB. I think he will eventually get a chance to start elsewhere, but his long term prognosis IMO is going to be a career backup eventually.
    Bridgewater will never be anything other than an average game manager. His last healthy year he wnet 14TD and 9 INT.

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,814

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Bridgewater will never be anything other than an average game manager. His last healthy year he wnet 14TD and 9 INT.
    Agreed. Thats why I think for the most part he will be more of a career backup. Some team will probably give him one more chance to be the starter. However I see it short lived.

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Aug 09
    Location
    california,ky
    Posts
    178

    I agree with both grizzly,and Futurecoach. Bridgewater is not the answer in Cleveland.I'm still holding out for the Alex Smith/Darnold scenario. let Darnold develop behind Smith,keep working on Kizer.You can have Rosen!!! There's no law that says you can't have two good starters at Q.B.. Worked out pretty good for San Diego when they had Brees ... and Rivers. It gives you a lot of trade power!!! Cousins has said in the last week,he would be interested in Cleveland. I'm not a big cousins guy,but at this point,what the hell!!!! If he is signed to a long term deal,that changes everything. But then,i have heard Gruden wants him to stay,so he may not be a option.At #4 ,there's a lot in play. Just to throw out names,i like m. Fitzpatrick-s Bama . S. Smith-lb Georgia, and ...either or,O. Brown-ot Okl./C.Williams-ot Texas. R.B. is not a big priority. Plenty of options in the 2nd,and 3rd rounds to get a solid back. Duke Johnson will get some snaps too.
    i just can't help myself though...thinking they will find away to screw this up...AGAIN!!!! How the browns could use another Paul Brown!!!... but,lets see what Dorsey can do. They only have to win "a game" ,to do better than last season....lol!

  5. #65
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    10,099

    I know it’s become acceptable to take a RB high again after the success of Zeke, Gurley, Fournette. But I still thinks unless it’s your biggest need it’s not the best investment. I love Barkley. He is going to be a stud and should be a top 5 pick, but if you need a QB, OT, DE, etc. I would go that route 10/10 times. Every year there is a huge value in running backs in later rounds. See Kareem Hunt this past year.

  6. #66
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    9,172

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I know it’s become acceptable to take a RB high again after the success of Zeke, Gurley, Fournette. But I still thinks unless it’s your biggest need it’s not the best investment. I love Barkley. He is going to be a stud and should be a top 5 pick, but if you need a QB, OT, DE, etc. I would go that route 10/10 times. Every year there is a huge value in running backs in later rounds. See Kareem Hunt this past year.
    If I'm the Browns I go Rosen then Minkah Fitzpatrick or Barkley at 4. Leaning Barkley. Browns defense was okay this year, their offense was garbage.

  7. #67
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    10,099

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    If I'm the Browns I go Rosen then Minkah Fitzpatrick or Barkley at 4. Leaning Barkley. Browns defense was okay this year, their offense was garbage.
    I don’t running back is a huge weakness for the Browns. Honestly if I was the Browns I go QB 1 then Roquan Smith at 4. In my eyes Roquan Smith is 1a or 1b for best player in the draft with Barkley. I think linebacker is a bigger need than running back plus there is great value in later round running backs.

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,213

    Cleveland has absolutely no luck with drafting QB's high in the draft. If they had drafted Watson or Wentz they would have been awful in Cleveland, it just is what it is. They have to go the FA route at QB for experience with Smith or McCarron,etc.. Keep Fizer as a backup, maybe draft the QB for OSU or Washington in a later round to compete with Fizer. Draft Barkley #1 and Fitzpatrick at #4.

  9. #69
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    10,099

    The more I hear and read about Josh Rosen the more he separates himself as the best QB in this class. I will never understand what everyone sees in Darnold and Allen that have them listed ahead of this guy. He is the closest thing to Aaron Rodgers I’ve seen. I love the kid.

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,814

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    The more I hear and read about Josh Rosen the more he separates himself as the best QB in this class. I will never understand what everyone sees in Darnold and Allen that have them listed ahead of this guy. He is the closest thing to Aaron Rodgers I’ve seen. I love the kid.
    Agreed. I said from the beginning that Rosen and Mayfield will be the best in this class and I'm sticking with it.

  11. #71
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    9,172

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    The more I hear and read about Josh Rosen the more he separates himself as the best QB in this class. I will never understand what everyone sees in Darnold and Allen that have them listed ahead of this guy. He is the closest thing to Aaron Rodgers I’ve seen. I love the kid.
    I'm a USC fan and I've been on the Rosen train for 2 years now. I've said this numerous times, maybe even in this thread that he has the best mechanics we've seen coming out of college since Luck. Which ever team drafts him will have a franchise QB for the next 12 years.

  12. #72
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,737

    The oddsmakers have them overwhelmingly going Sam Darnold. Josh Allen is second most likely.

  13. #73
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,088

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    I'm a USC fan and I've been on the Rosen train for 2 years now. I've said this numerous times, maybe even in this thread that he has the best mechanics we've seen coming out of college since Luck. Which ever team drafts him will have a franchise QB for the next 12 years.
    Two concussions during 2017 have people worried about his durability, esp. since he is purely a pocket passer. I think he also had a shoulder issue earlier in his career. But you are right, everyone says he is the most ready QB at this point and has the best mechanics. He should be a good one.

Top