WCPO Channel 9 urging Boycott of Bengals

  1. #1
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    130,411

    WCPO Channel 9 urging Boycott of Bengals

    We are urging every Bengals fan to take drastic action.

    Instead of buying a Bengals ticket this year, take the $50 or more you would have spent on that ticket and donate the money to a nonprofit that works to prevent violence against women. We have included a list of organizations below.

    Enough is enough, Bengals. We can excuse another season without winning a playoff game.

    We can't excuse drafting a player like Joe Mixon.

    Editorial: The Bengals drafting Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon is inexcusable - WCPO Cincinnati, OH
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    130,411

    Does this mean WCPO will quit covering the Bengals?

    Otherwise they are hypocrites, right? If WCPO doesn't want the Bengals to profit they shouldn't profit either from coverage of the Bengals.

    Anyone?

  3. #3
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,288

    If WCPO televises a Bengals game this year, they should donate all of their profits.

  4. #4
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    130,411

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    If WCPO televises a Bengals game this year, they should donate all of their profits.
    ABSOLUTELY!!!

  5. #5
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,022

    Make no mistake about it, this will accomplish absolutely nothing, but I don't have an issue with it.

  6. #6
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    70,731

    I guess they don't air any TV shows that have someone with issues like Mixon?

  7. #7
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    6,720

    I'll tell you why WCPO did this -> this is the beginning of a Nielsen sweep ratings period. Beginning of May is when local television stations go head-to-head for advertising dollars based on viewership.

  8. #8
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    130,411

    Quote Originally Posted by nkypete View Post
    I'll tell you why WCPO did this -> this is the beginning of a Nielsen sweep ratings period. Beginning of May is when local television stations go head-to-head for advertising dollars based on viewership.
    Like has been already mentioned, I think it will mean very little one way or the other but if WCPO is going to continue covering the Bengals then I am going to discontinue watching any WCPO newscasts.

  9. #9
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    42,043

    Sure they can still cover the Bengals.

    I don't see anyone calling for newspapers calling for boycotts or protest against politicians to quit covering and reporting on those same politicians.

  10. #10
    lawildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    17,537

    I despise WCPO and the Bengals so this doesn't really matter to me.

  11. #11
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    130,411

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Sure they can still cover the Bengals.

    I don't see anyone calling for newspapers calling for boycotts or protest against politicians to quit covering and reporting on those same politicians.
    Of course they still can but I believe that makes them hypocrites.

  12. #12
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    51,273

    Should the guy be treated like crap for the rest of his life because of one mistake? I dont think he should. This is stupid.

  13. #13
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,022

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    Should the guy be treated like crap for the rest of his life because of one mistake? I dont think he should. This is stupid.
    JMO of course, but anyone that hits a woman doesn't deserve even the slightest bit of respect.

  14. #14
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    42,043

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Of course they still can but I believe that makes them hypocrites.
    It may, but no one calls a newspaper or cable channel a hypocrite for covering someone they completely oppose. President Trump has made a lot of money for late night comedians and cable channels that hate him as they cover him and talk about him incessantly every single day.

    But to your point calling the press a hypocrite these days is the same as calling water, wet or grass, green. They will rail against big business but will take every advertising dollar from them they can get. They will rant against politicians and put them on the front page day after day, because it sells. A newspaper being hypocritical isn't really anything new.

  15. #15
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    6,720

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    I despise WCPO and the Bengals so this doesn't really matter to me.
    I liked the WCPO part of your post, but I still like the Bengals because they are the home team.

Top