WCPO Channel 9 urging Boycott of Bengals

Page 2 of We are urging every Bengals fan to take drastic action. Instead of buying a Bengals ticket this year, take the \\$50 or more you would have spent on that... 107 comments | 2825 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    6,660

    I wonder if Ken Broo and John Popovich agree with the "WCPO Editorial Board".
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,795

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    JMO of course, but anyone that hits a woman doesn't deserve even the slightest bit of respect.
    I think what he did is horrible. Like I've told my son, there is only one instance where I can/could support hitting a woman and that's if your life is on the line. Otherwise, you walk away.

    If you watched any of the video's on the entire sequence of events, he put up with a lot before his moment of stupidity. At some point, the young man deserves a second chance.

  3. #18
    OlDog75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Sittin' in the stands above the 50 yard line.
    Posts
    8,978

    Like I posted elsewhere, I don't want your opinion WCPO, just cover the news.

  4. #19
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    33,820

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    JMO of course, but anyone that hits a woman doesn't deserve even the slightest bit of respect.
    Deserving respect is one thing, and I think most people would agree that Mixon does not deserve much respect given his actions. But should he blackballed from the league entirely? I don't think so, although some people seem to think he should be banned.

  5. #20
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,795

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    Deserving respect is one thing, and I think most people would agree that Mixon does not deserve much respect given his actions. But should he blackballed from the league entirely? I don't think so, although some people seem to think he should be banned.
    I wonder if the NFL can ban him. It happened 2 years ago. I can see them telling him that if anything like that happens again then he's gone forever

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    4,879

    The first time Mixon scores and WCPO shows the highlights everyone should email, Tweet, mail, call WCPO and say you are never watching WCPO News again and will make a donation in their name.

  7. #22
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    51,181

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    JMO of course, but anyone that hits a woman doesn't deserve even the slightest bit of respect.
    So he can never redeem himself?

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    8,916

    Is this the Cincinnati station that dropped the flying turkeys out of the airplane some years back?

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,342

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    Is this the Cincinnati station that dropped the flying turkeys out of the airplane some years back?
    "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"...

    One of the all time great scenes in TV history!!!

  10. #25
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,727

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    So he can never redeem himself?
    Not IMO...

  11. #26
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    33,820

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Not IMO...
    On a personal level, I agree that his previous actions will always impact his public perception, including mine. But there are plenty of NFL players who are not role models and not good people. That's not new news.

    So, where do we draw the line? Should the NFL ban Mixon? I vote no.

  12. #27
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    18,850

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    On a personal level, I agree that his previous actions will always impact his public perception, including mine. But there are plenty of NFL players who are not role models and not good people. That's not new news.

    So, where do we draw the line? Should the NFL ban Mixon? I vote no.
    I said this in another thread about Mixon but will again here. IMO he only deserves a second chance once he's been punished for his actions. And again IMO he has not been punished. A redshirt year and some community service doesn't fit that bill. i think he should be banned for one year min. He can use that year to prove he deserves a second chance. HIs tweets and actions during the bowl game tell me he hasn't.

  13. #28
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,727

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    On a personal level, I agree that his previous actions will always impact his public perception, including mine. But there are plenty of NFL players who are not role models and not good people. That's not new news.

    So, where do we draw the line? Should the NFL ban Mixon? I vote no.
    Should he be banned? Probably not, but he should at least be punished.

  14. #29
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    26,907

    How many players in the NFL right now have struck a woman?

  15. #30
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,727

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    How many players in the NFL right now have struck a woman?
    No clue. I have zero respect for any of them. I'd also be willing to bet that those that have, were punished in some form when it happened. Mixon hasn't been.

Top