Towles gives TE a try at Bengals workout

  1. #1
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    127,242

    Towles gives TE a try at Bengals workout

    The Cincinnati Bengals hosted a workout for local prospects on Tuesday, and former Highlands star and Kentucky starting quarterback Patrick Towles was on the premises.

    Towles, who spent last season leading Boston College to a 7-6 record and victory over Maryland in the Quick Lane Bowl, didn't just show off his arm, either.

    Former Kentucky quarterback Patrick Towles works out for Bengals
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    33,584

    He's the #25 QB in the draft? That's hard to believe.

  3. #3
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    127,242

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    He's the #25 QB in the draft? That's hard to believe.
    Hard to believe he is that high or hard to believe he is that low?

  4. #4
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    33,584

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Hard to believe he is that high or hard to believe he is that low?
    I would've thought he'd be ranked a bit higher...but then again, I can't even name 15 college QB's.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,645

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    He's the #25 QB in the draft? That's hard to believe.
    Not really imo. As much as I would have loved to see him on a roster in the NFL. His numbers don't suggest he should be. He struggled very much with accuracy in college. He completed only 50 percent of his passes while at UK and had only a 51 completion rate this year at Boston College. That doesn't translate well to the NFL when passing windows are much smaller.

    He is the typical qb size teams want. However other than that, there is nothing that really helps him out in terms of being ranked better than other qbs.

    I hope he proves me wrong and he does make a roster somewhere even as a practice squad qb. However I do think he may have a better chance as a te.

  6. #6
    NKY Bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    7,164

    Wonder what number QB the guy from the Pats was before he was drafted. He wasn't a top guy but it seems to have turned out well for the fans in Boston.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,645

    Quote Originally Posted by NKY Bandit View Post
    Wonder what number QB the guy from the Pats was before he was drafted. He wasn't a top guy but it seems to have turned out well for the fans in Boston.
    Very true. However that guy the Pats drafted had a 20 and 5 record as a starter. And Completed 62% of his passes in college, not just 50%.

    To put things in perspective. That guy the Pats drafted in the 6th round had only 6 qbs taken before he was drafted. So I would say he was probably rated around the 7th best qb coming out and not near the 19th rated.

    I get your point, but not the best comparison lol.

  8. #8
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    16,070

    Practice squad candidate. Nothing more.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    5,087

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Very true. However that guy the Pats drafted had a 20 and 5 record as a starter. And Completed 62% of his passes in college, not just 50%.

    To put things in perspective. That guy the Pats drafted in the 6th round had only 6 qbs taken before he was drafted. So I would say he was probably rated around the 7th best qb coming out and not near the 19th rated.

    I get your point, but not the best comparison lol.
    Funny thing is, I hear the Pats are one of a handful of teams that are interested in Mr. Towles AS A QB.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,645

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    Funny thing is, I hear the Pats are one of a handful of teams that are interested in Mr. Towles AS A QB.
    That would be awesome! Even though I have my doubts of him making it in the NFL, just based off his performance in college. I hope he completely proves me wrong and sticks around in the NFL for awhile even if it's just as a practice squad guy.

    He is a great role model and has always done things the right way, and would be amazing to see him be rewarded for all his hard work and make it in the nfl.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    829

    So just saw on ESPN ticker "notable" undrafted players with Towles at top of list. Anyone heard anything?

  12. #12
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    40,598

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    Funny thing is, I hear the Pats are one of a handful of teams that are interested in Mr. Towles AS A QB.
    They also had Tebow in camp one summer...they are looking for arms for camp every year.

  13. #13
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    5,631

    Quote Originally Posted by atm10 View Post
    So just saw on ESPN ticker "notable" undrafted players with Towles at top of list. Anyone heard anything?
    Nothing yet. Probably sign with a team tomorrow or try out with a team.

  14. #14
    Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,188

    Sounds like Pat might be going to a workout with the Texans.

  15. #15
    BBsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    281

    Seen where Pat has a work out scheduled with the Houston Texans

Top