Tom Brady MVP

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,533

    Tom Brady MVP

    No surprise here.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    641

    Don’t agree. Had 4 or 5 games in row mid to 3/4 of way through season where numbers were ok but not overwhelming. Should have been Bell or Brown. Guess it will always be a qb anymore. Brady is best ever but why always a qb?

  3. #3
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,641

    Antonio Brown is the best player in the league. But as long as Brady is playing and NE is winning, he’ll win it. Just the way it is.

  4. #4
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,291

    Brown missed 3 games.

    Bell wasn’t even the best RB in the league this year.

    The only guy who really has a valid argument that they deserved it more is Todd Gurley IMO.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,881

    Once Wentz went down AND the Eagles still won the NFC, Brady became the clear choice. As was mentioned, the only other guy in the picture was Gurley.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,801

    Quote Originally Posted by dpeevh View Post
    Don’t agree. Had 4 or 5 games in row mid to 3/4 of way through season where numbers were ok but not overwhelming. Should have been Bell or Brown. Guess it will always be a qb anymore. Brady is best ever but why always a qb?
    It's hard to use a 4 game stretch against Brady where he was just ok and then say it should have been Bell or Brown. Bell the first 3 games of last season had ok but not overwhelming stats. Brown had 3 to 4 games of just ok but not overwhelming stats, not including missing 3 games.

  7. #7
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,237

    My only argument for Wentz is that had the season ended the day of his injury, he wins in a landslide. The Eagles had secured a first round bye through the 13 games he played and it isn’t as if Brady was on fire the last three games Wentz was absent. Plus, Wentz would have only played in one or two more games had he been healthy. That said, I get it.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    641

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    It's hard to use a 4 game stretch against Brady where he was just ok and then say it should have been Bell or Brown. Bell the first 3 games of last season had ok but not overwhelming stats. Brown had 3 to 4 games of just ok but not overwhelming stats, not including missing 3 games.
    Fair enough. I guess I just get tired of qb’s always seeming to win MVP. And yes, I should have included Gurley in the talk all though I’m taking Bell every day over him.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,816

    The way the NFL is set up now, a QB is simply the most valuable player in the league almost every year. Look at the lines in Vegas. If Big Ben missed a game, the line would move more than if Bell or AB missed a game.

    As far as the Pats go, you can take anyone off that team and they still win (except Brady). They won the SB last year without Gronk. They came back against the Jags last week without Gronk and they have not had their best WR (Edelman) all year. What Brady did in the AFC Championship with guys like Amendola, Cooks and Hogan is crazy. Those three guys without Gronk would be considered in the bottom 25% of pass catching trios in the NFL but with Brady, they are in the SB...and it is not like Brady has Barry Sanders to hand the ball off too either...just a few serviceable RB's, nothing more.

  10. #10
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,916

    Brady is like Lebron. He’s the most valuable player in the league year in and year out. They just can’t give it to him every year because it would be boring.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,801

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Brady is like Lebron. He’s the most valuable player in the league year in and year out. They just can’t give it to him every year because it would be boring.
    Except Brady doesn't whine saying he needs more help lol.

  12. #12
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,237

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Except Brady doesn't wine saying he needs more help lol.
    And Brady has every right to whine about that through the years with what he’s been given at times.

  13. #13
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,916

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Except Brady doesn't whine saying he needs more help lol.
    Brady also doesn’t have the greatest team ever constructed to go against. Imagine if Brady had to go against Peyton Manning with the Steelers offensive weapons mixed with the ‘85 Bears Defense. Brady wouldn’t have 5 rings.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,801

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Brady also doesn’t have the greatest team ever constructed to go against. Imagine if Brady had to go against Peyton Manning with the Steelers offensive weapons mixed with the ‘85 Bears Defense. Brady wouldn’t have 5 rings.
    Dude that's all LeBron has done his whole career even before the Warriors team. It was always I don't have enough around me. However I could get in a huge debate on LeBron, because I think even though he is the greatest in the world. The style of play and offense he needs a team to run for him to be great, doesn't necessarily help get other players to be at their best and in a rhythm as others. Howveer that's a whole other debate.

    Brady his whole career has basically played with arguably the least amount of talent around him offensively and he still does great and wins championships. What's crazy is the most offensive talent he had around him was the years they lost the super bowls lol.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,801

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    And Brady has every right to whine about that through the years with what he’s been given at times.
    Exactly. Brady has done more with less than any qb or superstar in the history of sports imo.

Top