Steelers 30 Dolphins 12

Page 2 of Steelers travel to KC next week.... 34 comments | 749 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I'm surprised the Dolphins players allowed Dupree to leave the field on his own two feet.
    Please
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,416

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    Please
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was a dirty play at all. That's beside the point.

    A defensive player launches himself into the QB's head, and I'd expect retaliation every single time.

  3. #18
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was a dirty play at all. That's beside the point.

    A defensive player launches himself into the QB's head, and I'd expect retaliation every single time.
    Well, it wasn't late. It was well within the boundary of play. He got the very bottom of the facemask and didn't get him high enough that he was out more than one play. It's not a homer thing, I just hate that rule. It was so violent that a flag was coming no matter where he hit him. I'm all for protecting the QB, but if you're gonna get outside the pocket and flirt with danger, I wish they treated them like every other football player.

  4. #19
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,544

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    Well, it wasn't late. It was well within the boundary of play. He got the very bottom of the facemask and didn't get him high enough that he was out more than one play. It's not a homer thing, I just hate that rule. It was so violent that a flag was coming no matter where he hit him. I'm all for protecting the QB, but if you're gonna get outside the pocket and flirt with danger, I wish they treated them like every other football player.
    I really wish he would have been just a little lower because it would have still been just as violent, but no way could you have justified a flag on the play.

  5. #20
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I really wish he would have been just a little lower because it would have still been just as violent, but no way could you have justified a flag on the play.
    I agree, but really when the QB gets splayed out like that a flag is on it's way.

  6. #21
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,762

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I'm surprised the Dolphins players allowed Dupree to leave the field on his own two feet.
    Get outta here with that mess.

  7. #22
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,416

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Get outta here with that mess.
    You hit a QB in the head, you better have your head on a swivel.

    If Burfict had made that same hit on Big Ben, would you not expect the Steelers to go after him? I would.

  8. #23
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,762

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    You hit a QB in the head, you better have your head on a swivel.

    If Burfict had made that same hit on Big Ben, would you not expect the Steelers to go after him? I would.
    No, because he didn't hit him in the head. Did it graze his face mask? Yeah, a little... But unless you just have a problem with hard, clean hits, there's nothing to be mad about.

  9. #24
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,416

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    No, because he didn't hit him in the head. Did it graze his face mask? Yeah, a little... But unless you just have a problem with hard, clean hits, there's nothing to be mad about.
    You can't watch that hit and objectively say he didn't hit him in the head. The crown of his helmet landed on Moore's chinstrap.

    Like I said, in no way was it intentional, but that's irrelevant. You hit a QB in the head, you should expect payback.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    19,204

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Antonio Brown & Leveon Bell are special players and fun to watch.
    I'm kind of surprised we haven't heard more of my fellow Bengal fans being upset that we passed up on Bell. That year we needed a running back and we took Giovani Bernard and the Steelers took Bell the very next pick after us. I know i wish we took Bell. Bell is such a complete back and can do it all.

  11. #26
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,544

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I'm kind of surprised we haven't heard more of my fellow Bengal fans being upset that we passed up on Bell. That year we needed a running back and we took Giovani Bernard and the Steelers took Bell the very next pick after us. I know i wish we took Bell. Bell is such a complete back and can do it all.
    It's a good point. In the Bengals defense, and I hate the taste in my mouth saying that, who was goign to predict the guy was going to lose 25 lbs and turned into the best RB in the league.

  12. #27
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,956

    It is amazing how Bell doesn't hit the hole untill the last second and gets the yards he does. He has great foot work.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    I agree, but really when the QB gets splayed out like that a flag is on it's way.
    If Bud takes a shot like that on Brady, I want to see how the Patriots react. That will be fun.

  14. #29
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,416

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    If Bud takes a shot like that on Brady, I want to see how the Patriots react. That will be fun.
    If he hit Brady like that, he'd leave the field on a cart (Dupree would) I have no doubt in my mind.

  15. #30
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    If Bud takes a shot like that on Brady, I want to see how the Patriots react. That will be fun.
    Bud would be sent to Mexico after the wall gets built.

    Tom isn't that stupid, nor can he get to the edge fast enough to make that play. He doesn't have to. He can do all he needs to from the confines of the pocket.

Top