Steelers 23 Bengals 20

Page 10 of Final. Another terrible 2nd half cost the Bengals. The Steelers made big plays and catches and the Bengals did not!... 159 comments | 4365 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #136

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    10,812

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Oh, he sees it perfectly.

    It's all about his rep.

    He wants the spotlight.
    He needs the spotlight.
    He has to have the spotlight.

    This won't be popular, BUT I think he knew he wasn't hurt when he let them strap him on the gurney and haul him off, finger raised to the sky, soaking in the adulation. As soon as he got out of sight, he demanded to be released from the restraining devises and jumped off the gurney, living to fight another day.
    You're talking Burfict, I was talking about Mitchell.
    Advertisement

  2. #137
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,692

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Oh, he sees it perfectly.

    It's all about his rep.

    He wants the spotlight.
    He needs the spotlight.
    He has to have the spotlight.

    This won't be popular, BUT I think he knew he wasn't hurt when he let them strap him on the gurney and haul him off, finger raised to the sky, soaking in the adulation. As soon as he got out of sight, he demanded to be released from the restraining devises and jumped off the gurney, living to fight another day.
    I don't think Burfict was faking being hurt. If you watch the trainer/doctor, he was forcibly holding Burfict down so he would not get up. It looked to me like Burfict wanted to get up and the doctor would not let him. He was leaning on Burfict's helmet, with both hands forcibly holding him and talking with him. I don't think Burfict wanted to get on that board. I want to hear why the doctor strapped him to the board. Maybe Burfict said he had some tingling or something in his legs so the doctor was very precautionary? But then why did he let Burfict off the board when they got under the stadium? That whole thing was very strange to me.

  3. #138

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,544

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Oh, he sees it perfectly.

    It's all about his rep.

    He wants the spotlight.
    He needs the spotlight.
    He has to have the spotlight.

    This won't be popular, BUT I think he knew he wasn't hurt when he let them strap him on the gurney and haul him off, finger raised to the sky, soaking in the adulation. As soon as he got out of sight, he demanded to be released from the restraining devises and jumped off the gurney, living to fight another day.
    He was talking about Mike Mitchell not Burfict.

    Second Burfict definitely was concussed. If he was not concussed and woozy. You think he would have just let the guy stand over top of him and now have a pic that will be shown over and over of him on the ground with a Steeler standing over top of him. Yes he tried to get him off him and go after him but it was barely a attempt to grab his leg. If he was not hurt, it probably ends up in a full blown fight. He probably just completely came to and shook the cobwebs out as people use to say by the time they got in the tunnel.

  4. #139
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,741

    Iloka's suspension was overturned. Juju's was upheld.

  5. #140
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,356

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Iloka's suspension was overturned. Juju's was upheld.
    I'm shocked to be honest.

  6. #141
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,741

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I'm shocked to be honest.
    I'm not. Neither would've been upheld had he not decided to pose over Burfict after the hit.

  7. #142
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,356

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I'm not. Neither would've been upheld had he not decided to pose over Burfict after the hit.
    Maybe so.

  8. #143
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,213

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Oh, he sees it perfectly.

    It's all about his rep.

    He wants the spotlight.
    He needs the spotlight.
    He has to have the spotlight.

    This won't be popular, BUT I think he knew he wasn't hurt when he let them strap him on the gurney and haul him off, finger raised to the sky, soaking in the adulation. As soon as he got out of sight, he demanded to be released from the restraining devises and jumped off the gurney, living to fight another day.
    Sorry he was referring to Mitchell. That's what happens when I jump into a thread already in progress.

    Funny though, everyone knew exactly who I was talking about.

    Maybe Burfict is a straight up dude with a short fuse and an over-active motor.
    My personal suspicion is that he loves the limelight and thrives on having the reputation of being the NFL's bad boy.

    He did take a hell of a hit, possibly a bit groggy, but made a miraculously swift recovery.

  9. #144

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    What about Juju hit was deemed suspension worthy?

    I get he stood over him, Im talking the hit itself.

  10. #145
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,356

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    What about Juju hit was deemed suspension worthy?

    I get he stood over him, Im talking the hit itself.
    I don't see it as any different of a hit than what got Burfict suspended 3 games to start the year. I like everyone said you need to keep your head on a swivel, but if Burfict gets 3 games this one deserves at least 1. There was also some helmet to helmet contact even though he led with the shoulder.

  11. #146

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I don't see it as any different of a hit than what got Burfict suspended 3 games to start the year. I like everyone said you need to keep your head on a swivel, but if Burfict gets 3 games this one deserves at least 1. There was also some helmet to helmet contact even though he led with the shoulder.
    What I see is Juju making a block with the RB in close proximity. The block looks to be forearm and shoulder, in the mid to upper chest, no helmet to helmet contact (juju head is turned to his left.) He hits Burfict about as square as you can and in front of the play not behind it.

    What am I missing?

  12. #147
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,356

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    What I see is Juju making a block with the RB in close proximity. The block looks to be forearm and shoulder, in the mid to upper chest, no helmet to helmet contact (juju head is turned to his left.) He hits Burfict about as square as you can and in front of the play not behind it.

    What am I missing?
    You're missing that's it's a play the league wants to eradicate. It's literally no different hit wise than the one Burfict made in the pre season and he got 5 games reduced to 3.

  13. #148

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,544

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    What I see is Juju making a block with the RB in close proximity. The block looks to be forearm and shoulder, in the mid to upper chest, no helmet to helmet contact (juju head is turned to his left.) He hits Burfict about as square as you can and in front of the play not behind it.

    What am I missing?
    There is helmet to helmet contact. The crown of his helmet hits Burfict square in the chin and bottom and side of his facemask.

  14. #149

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,544

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Sorry he was referring to Mitchell. That's what happens when I jump into a thread already in progress.

    Funny though, everyone knew exactly who I was talking about.

    Maybe Burfict is a straight up dude with a short fuse and an over-active motor.
    My personal suspicion is that he loves the limelight and thrives on having the reputation of being the NFL's bad boy.

    He did take a hell of a hit, possibly a bit groggy, but made a miraculously swift recovery.
    I have no doubt that he probably does like the reputation of the NFL bad boy. Disagree on loving the limelight. Even with all these players, especially Steelers who have made comments about him. How often have we seen him talk to the press? How often has he went out and said much at all, really? That interview he did last week when he did say he thought Brown faked, was one of the first times he really has talked at all about any of the stuff he has done. When players do things to him, he doesn't go out and say so and so did this to me. Even though if he even touches a player, a player definitely will make sure they tell the world about it. So while he may enjoy the reputation of being the NFL bad guy. He doesn't seem like some one who seeks out the limelight as you suggest.

    Plus I don't see him wanting be taken out on a stretcher, especially when it was a Steeler who did it. He hates the Steelers, and so that that probably the last thing he would want. Plus just because he got off the stretcher doesn't mean he recovered. They already are saying the chances of him playing this week are slim due to the concussion.

  15. #150
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,330

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    There is helmet to helmet contact. The crown of his helmet hits Burfict square in the chin and bottom and side of his facemask.
    I would disagree with the crown hitting his chin. JuJu turned his head and the side of his helmet hit his chin if any part did. I think the block is really close to being clean.

Top