Steelers 16 Bengals 13

Page 2 of Final... 29 comments | 588 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    9,290

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    Should be somewhere between 9-12. There are 7 teams with a worse record and 3 other teams with the same 6-10 record.
    What if the Ohio State kid falls to the Bengals?
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,052

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    Should be somewhere between 9-12. There are 7 teams with a worse record and 3 other teams with the same 6-10 record.
    I want them to be high enough to get the linebacker from LSU.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,052

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    Who wants to wait that long. I am getting old.
    I dont want to wait either. But getting it wrong also sets you back years, and also ends up a wasted draft pick. If they could get Haskins I would be all for it, but I doubt he will be there.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    17,252

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I want them to be high enough to get the linebacker from LSU.
    The other teams at 6-10 with the Bengals are the Bills, Lions, and Broncos. The Broncos beat the Bengals so they should be at least 10 not sure with the Bills and Lions.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    17,252

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Does anyone know what their draft position is now?
    According to ESPN the Bengals have the 11th pick. Iím not sure how they are behind the Broncos since they both were 6-10 and they beat the Bengals.

  6. #21
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,151

    Jets and Bucs have both already fired their HCs....I’m gonna just assume their waiting until morning to announce Marvin’s termination...

  7. #22
    Mack The Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    "Last night when we were young"
    Posts
    5,950

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    According to ESPN the Bengals have the 11th pick. I’m not sure how they are behind the Broncos since they both were 6-10 and they beat the Bengals.
    With a 4 way tie head to head probably gets thrown out if all 4 teams didn’t play each other. Just a guess.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    17,252

    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    With a 4 way tie head to head probably gets thrown out if all 4 teams didn’t play each other. Just a guess.
    yes the tiebreaker is strength of schedule and the Bengals strength of schedule was the stronger than the other 3.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    17,252

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I want them to be high enough to get the linebacker from LSU.
    Guys, the o line HAS to be addressed first, whether itís draft, trade, free agency or somebody getting better, especially the right side, Hart is just HORRIBLE and today Redmond AGAIN that he is nothing but an idiot!!

  10. #25
    StickerMann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Sitting down in Central KY, still enjoying the run!!
    Posts
    3,354

    Hey, at least I did hear the Marvin's led the league in false starts--Little wins!

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,052

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    Guys, the o line HAS to be addressed first, whether it’s draft, trade, free agency or somebody getting better, especially the right side, Hart is just HORRIBLE and today Redmond AGAIN that he is nothing but an idiot!!
    No doubt the line is still not good, even though it was better than last year. However both the offense and defense was bad this year. The defense almost set records with how bad they were. So when their pick comes if the best player available is that linebacker. Then you have to take him.

    Imo the Bengals possibly messed up last year by drafting for need, when they drafted Price. Best player available was Lamar Jackson. They drafted for need and Price didnt exactly do to well as a rookie this year. If you go line this year, then you better not miss.

    The line was a decent run blocking group. Would have been interesting to see how they would have done. Playing with a lead and not down by two scores like they were most of the year.

    Hopefully they do add to the line. But based off guys here. The line I would like to see is Boling LT, Westerman LG, Hopkins, C, Price as RG, and move big old Glenn who looks like a RT to RT.

  12. #27
    StickerMann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Sitting down in Central KY, still enjoying the run!!
    Posts
    3,354

    Legit question--How many D linemen & backers have the Who-Deys drafted in the last 4-5 years; and with what success? Seems like they are constantly drafting front 7 guys and still searching other than a couple hits?

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,052

    Quote Originally Posted by StickerMann View Post
    Legit question--How many D linemen & backers have the Who-Deys drafted in the last 4-5 years; and with what success? Seems like they are constantly drafting front 7 guys and still searching other than a couple hits?
    They have drafted no front 7 guys in the first round in the last 4 to 5 years, and I'm not sure if they have drafted any front 7 guys in the first 2 rounds actually in the last 5 years.

  14. #29
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,181

    I believe the last LB they drafted in the first couple of rounds was Maualuga in 2009. They have to draft LB and OL in the first couple rounds. They are so bad at LB. I have never seen a worse LB corps on an NFL team. Burfict fell off the cliff this year. It is unbelievable how bad he became. Vigil looked very different when he came back from the injury. Brown was not as good as we hoped he would be. They need a plug and play LB in the worst way.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,052

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I believe the last LB they drafted in the first couple of rounds was Maualuga in 2009. They have to draft LB and OL in the first couple rounds. They are so bad at LB. I have never seen a worse LB corps on an NFL team. Burfict fell off the cliff this year. It is unbelievable how bad he became. Vigil looked very different when he came back from the injury. Brown was not as good as we hoped he would be. They need a plug and play LB in the worst way.
    Agreed. What I dont want them doing is drafting someone earlier than they should like they did last year with Price. Last year they drafted for need, instead of best player at that time, and imo it has shown it may not have been the best decision. Luckily this draft is suppose to be loaded with defense. So hopefully they can get that linebacker without having to reach.

Top