Report: 'Near mutiny' prompted Marvin Lewis to fire Ken Zampese

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    5,157

    Report: 'Near mutiny' prompted Marvin Lewis to fire Ken Zampese

    The Cincinnati Bengals are in a world of trouble, as it’s being reported players had everything to do with Ken Zampese being fired Monday. Marvin Lewis, who’s never been one to have any firm hand whatsoever in the locker room, far too often lets players get away with all sorts of issues, including some rather troubling off-field incidents.

    Now Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio is reporting players nearly mutinied after Week 2’s game against the Houston Texans, forcing Lewis’ hand to fire the team’s offensive coordinator.

    After two home games only four days apart and zero touchdowns and nine total points scored, Lewis was facing a ‘near mutiny,’ a league source tells PFT. The normally quiet A.J. Green publicly sounded off, and plenty of other players had plenty of pointed things to say privately, we’re told.”

    Report: 'Near mutiny' prompted Marvin Lewis to fire Ken Zampese
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,885


  3. #3
    Bluto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 10
    Location
    You were NOT hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land-mass!!
    Posts
    14,283


  4. #4
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    7,632

    The lunatics have run the Bengals' asylum throughout the Marvin era.

    So what's new?????

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    10,295

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    The lunatics have run the Bengals' asylum throughout the Marvin era.

    So what's new?????
    Marvin is gutless and proved that quickly when he got the job how he handled Chad is why that happens.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,357

    If a class act like A J popped off, then I think something needed to be done...

  7. #7
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Walton
    Posts
    1,966

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    Marvin is gutless and proved that quickly when he got the job how he handled Chad is why that happens.
    What did Chad Johnson ever do wrong? He worked hard, slept at the stadium, and studied the game 24/7. An amazing talent that wanted to win and have fun. He was falmboyant and charismatic but not hateful and arrogant like the other stars of the early 2000's. He never got arrested, a DUI, tested positive for drugs, or disrespected police or the flag.

    Now when he went to Miami, well...... that's another story.

  8. #8
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    6,761

    Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  25.4 KB

  9. #9
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,404

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    If a class act like A J popped off, then I think something needed to be done...
    Or AJ isnt as classy as everyone thinks he is.

  10. #10
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,085

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Or AJ isnt as classy as everyone thinks he is.
    Class? I'm assuming you didn't see the interview, did you?

    I'd be more upset if AJ remained silent after the start to this season.

  11. #11
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,404

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    Class? I'm assuming you didn't see the interview, did you?

    I'd be more upset if AJ remained silent after the start to this season.
    Wait so he did this in a public setting?

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    5,157

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Wait so he did this in a public setting?
    Yes he did and he did it with honesty and intelligence. Paraphrasing said that in the NFL in order to win it is a star driven league and they need to get the ball to their star playmakers. Just find a way to get the ball to him and score.

    It wasn't a demand. More like a statement of fact. It obviously is not wrong when 4th down passes are throw the covered 5th receiver on the team and it is 8 feet over his head.

  13. #13
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,404

    Quote Originally Posted by frankdracman23 View Post
    Yes he did and he did it with honesty and intelligence. Paraphrasing said that in the NFL in order to win it is a star driven league and they need to get the ball to their star playmakers. Just find a way to get the ball to him and score.

    It wasn't a demand. More like a statement of fact. It obviously is not wrong when 4th down passes are throw the covered 5th receiver on the team and it is 8 feet over his head.
    So he is a me me guy, got it.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    10,295

    Quote Originally Posted by PP1 View Post
    What did Chad Johnson ever do wrong? He worked hard, slept at the stadium, and studied the game 24/7. An amazing talent that wanted to win and have fun. He was falmboyant and charismatic but not hateful and arrogant like the other stars of the early 2000's. He never got arrested, a DUI, tested positive for drugs, or disrespected police or the flag.

    Now when he went to Miami, well...... that's another story.
    Say what you want, it ALWAYS had to be about Chad, did you ever see him pull any of the antics in New England that he pulled in Cincy?? No, because he knew who was in charge and the team came first, unlike Cincinnati!!

  15. #15
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,085

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Wait so he did this in a public setting?
    It was in an interview in the locker room.

Top