Ranking the Bengals' Free Agents

Page 2 of This is from Cincy Jungle, a Cincinnati Bengals community please make sure you check their site out: Do everything you can to re-sign:1. Andrew Whitwor... 26 comments | 802 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    7,793

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    Franchise tag for corner is 14M. Is he worth that?
    They have to IMO, we just cannot lose him right now. They cannot go into next year with no experienced starting CB. With that being said, he has the leverage with the PacMan thing. He is probably not worth it but this is where they are.

    He is an above average CB, not elite by any means, but these guys are hard to find, as you well know.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,090

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    They have to IMO, we just cannot lose him right now. They cannot go into next year with no experienced starting CB. With that being said, he has the leverage with the PacMan thing. He is probably not worth it but this is where they are.

    He is an above average CB, not elite by any means, but these guys are hard to find, as you well know.
    Very true. I wonder what their plan for Dennard is? I feel pretty certain that they'll give Jackson every chance to take his place in the defensive backfield. By that I mean I would assume they are counting on Jackson to hold down one of the outside spots which would leave Dennard in the slot perhaps?

  3. #18
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    16,306

    I disagree on Whitt, I think he is one you have to let go. Slower and slower out of his stance and he gets beat a ton during the game.

  4. #19
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,090

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    I disagree on Whitt, I think he is one you have to let go. Slower and slower out of his stance and he gets beat a ton during the game.
    Not according to every single ranking service out there. Whit still ranked in top 5 among all linemen and 2nd only to Washington's Trent Williams for LT (according to PFF). Just a silly notion that he's not still an elite LT.

  5. #20
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    5,832

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    Not according to every single ranking service out there. Whit still ranked in top 5 among all linemen and 2nd only to Washington's Trent Williams for LT (according to PFF). Just a silly notion that he's not still an elite LT.
    Harrison tore him up a few weeks ago.

  6. #21
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    16,306

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    Not according to every single ranking service out there. Whit still ranked in top 5 among all linemen and 2nd only to Washington's Trent Williams for LT (according to PFF). Just a silly notion that he's not still an elite LT.
    Gotta ask what games they were watching, the tape dont lie.

  7. #22
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,090

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Gotta ask what games they were watching, the tape dont lie.
    You'll have to ask Chris Collinsworth.

  8. #23
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    7,793

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    Very true. I wonder what their plan for Dennard is? I feel pretty certain that they'll give Jackson every chance to take his place in the defensive backfield. By that I mean I would assume they are counting on Jackson to hold down one of the outside spots which would leave Dennard in the slot perhaps?
    That's the million dollar question because they kept interchanging he and Shaw game to game in the nickel slot because neither could establish PT status. In other words, they both sucked at the nickel. I would think they will Jackson the shot if Pac Man is gone. Remember this is the Bengals, he may not be unless the league nails him.

    This is the first time in a while, I am concerned about the DB's. For the last 10 years a top level group. Now some of that was Zim and his coaching, but they were talented there.

  9. #24
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,046

    Peko sucks. You can have him.

  10. #25
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,090

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    That's the million dollar question because they kept interchanging he and Shaw game to game in the nickel slot because neither could establish PT status. In other words, they both sucked at the nickel. I would think they will Jackson the shot if Pac Man is gone. Remember this is the Bengals, he may not be unless the league nails him.

    This is the first time in a while, I am concerned about the DB's. For the last 10 years a top level group. Now some of that was Zim and his coaching, but they were talented there.
    Agree. I understand what it's like to see your first rounder underachieve. Jarvis Jones anyone?

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,680

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    I don't have much of a problem with the order at all. There are 3 must keep on my list and then a couple more that would be on the be nice to keep list. Here is my list in order.

    Must Keep
    Zeitler

    LaFell (We already saw how much our receiving corps suffers when AJ and/or Eifert is out and Lefell proved himself down the stretch to be a nice #2 WR)

    QUOTE]
    I read somewhere that there is a chance Brandon Marshall may get released. I know he can definitely be a head case, but if he gets released that is the guy I would love to see them try to get instead of bringing back Lafell. While Marshall is starting to go down a little bit. He has been a true #1, and playing opposite of someone like Green should help him out a lot, even if he may not be as good as he once was.

    As long as the team wins, he doesn't seem to be much of a head case. Now if the team doesn't win, then yeah it could cause problems. However he would be a guy I would target if he is released, and possibly would want to come here because the Bengals are still looked at as a team that could be big in it next year.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,680

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    That's the million dollar question because they kept interchanging he and Shaw game to game in the nickel slot because neither could establish PT status. In other words, they both sucked at the nickel. I would think they will Jackson the shot if Pac Man is gone. Remember this is the Bengals, he may not be unless the league nails him.

    This is the first time in a while, I am concerned about the DB's. For the last 10 years a top level group. Now some of that was Zim and his coaching, but they were talented there.
    Agreed! Right now I have to assume Pac Man will be gone. So unless he completely sucks during OTA and training camp. I think they will give Jackson the chance to start opposite of Dre. Dennard if he stays healthy probably will get the first chance at the slot again, because they have to see once and fall what they have in him. Plus I think they still think of Shaw more as a safety, but he was forced to move back down to corner with the injuries.

Top