QB Patrick Towles Pro day

  1. #1
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    5,067

    QB Patrick Towles Pro day

    Patrick measured in at right 6'5 241 pounds and ran a 4.59 40. From what I read he had a great pro day.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    5,067

    The Jets and Redskins seemed very interested in him.

  3. #3
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    54,434

    With all due respect to PT, I think he'd have been a terrific TE prospect. A really solid move TE.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    4,448

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    With all due respect to PT, I think he'd have been a terrific TE prospect. A really solid move TE.
    Yep, he had big hands and a 33" vertical leap. He is quite the athlete. I wonder if it's too late to convert?

  5. #5
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    54,434

    Quote Originally Posted by littleluck55 View Post
    Yep, he had big hands and a 33" vertical leap. He is quite the athlete. I wonder if it's too late to convert?
    He can take some abuse, evidenced by the punishment he took when he scrambled for CATS upon occasion.

  6. #6
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    44,450

    He could be a much more productive TE than QB, but I can understand wanting to play QB.

  7. #7
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    54,434

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    He could be a much more productive TE than QB, but I can understand wanting to play QB.
    So can Tim Tebow, would have been a terrific TE prospect. I think Terrell Pryor made a good choice and there are others that I think could have made the transition. Too outstanding an athlete not to.

  8. #8
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    26,322

    Is he listed by anyone as a possible draft pick or is this going to be a free agent camp invitation?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,277

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    He could be a much more productive TE than QB, but I can understand wanting to play QB.
    Me too. Best job in the world is #2 QB. Get a mil or two a year to carry a clip board and hang around forever and have control of your faculties when you retire because you don't get hit that often. Ask Ben Utecht and Gronk about how beat up you get playing TE...PT is probably thinking...ummm...no to that...

  10. #10
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    125,954

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Patrick measured in at right 6'5 241 pounds and ran a 4.59 40. From what I read he had a great pro day.
    All the numbers are right, I sure hope we see him playing on Sunday.

  11. #11
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    5,067

    Number #19 ranked qb with stock rising.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,509

    I hope he gets drafted or makes a team as a free agent and sticks. However as a qb I just don't see it. You don't see hardly any 50% completion percentage qbs in college make the NFL as a qb. It wasn't like the problem was just playing for UK. His numbers at BC were pretty similar to his UK numbers. So if he struggled with completion percentage in college, I don't see that getting any better in the NFL with even smaller passing windows to throw into.

    I hope I am wrong and he proves me wrong. He does have all the attributes in terms of size and stuff people like. Maybe the NFL could get more out of his potential than college teams did. He is a great person and would be amazing to see him make it and stick for awhile.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    14,550

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    Me too. Best job in the world is #2 QB. Get a mil or two a year to carry a clip board and hang around forever and have control of your faculties when you retire because you don't get hit that often. Ask Ben Utecht and Gronk about how beat up you get playing TE...PT is probably thinking...ummm...no to that...
    Unfortunately the NFL scouts are thinking, "Take it or leave it, Patty Ice."

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,509

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    Me too. Best job in the world is #2 QB. Get a mil or two a year to carry a clip board and hang around forever and have control of your faculties when you retire because you don't get hit that often. Ask Ben Utecht and Gronk about how beat up you get playing TE...PT is probably thinking...ummm...no to that...
    Except he would have to be a lot better than what he has ever shown to be even a backup QB.

  15. #15
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    26,322

    Best hope for him this year practice squad?

Top QB Patrick Towles Pro day