Page 2 of Pretty simple, really.... 47 comments | 855 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who does Jim Schue hate more?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peyton "Goober" Manning

    5 33.33%
  • Tim "Jesus" Tebow

    10 66.67%
  1. #21
    Premium Member formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    23,628
    Quote Originally Posted by 75center View Post
    Still not seeing it as shoving it down our throats anymore than I would say you are shoving your intolerant non beliefs down our throats; or your beliefs in the legalization of certain drugs. Professing something doesn't equate to me. I have experienced something like what you accuse him of, it isn't anywhere close.
    Bring one of those old threads back up. I'll gladly requote myself.

  2. #22
    Moderator rockmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Hudson, KY-Quietest Place in the State
    Posts
    48,052
    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    Can't there be hate and "hate" then.
    I guess....I just don't see it, though. "Hate" is a [b]really[b/] strong word in my mind. I'd proably not even be talking about this if the word "dislike" were used instead of "hate".

  3. #23
    Premium Member formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    23,628
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    I guess....I just don't see it, though. "Hate" is a [b]really[b/] strong word in my mind. I'd proably not even be talking about this if the word "dislike" were used instead of "hate".
    I'm not seeing the difference between love and hate. If I tell someone in person I hate them I really hate them and it's powerful. The exact same as if I tell someone I love them in person. But I can also love pizza and hate olives on a different, not-so serious level. Same as I love Jack White but hate whatever the lead singer of Nickelback's name is.

  4. #24
    Premium Member Deimos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 03
    Posts
    3,341
    I'll never be able to understand the extreme love/hate for Tebow, either side. I'd like to see Tebow do well, as I believe he is a good man and could be viewed as a great role model. Faith may have shaped him, but why focus only on that? If he wants to convey a message through football and his works, fine by me. I'm not going to suddenly find myself closer to God because of Tebow, but I'm also not going to view him in a negative light because of it.

    On the flip side, I'll never blindly follow Tebow or praise his QB skills. He's a terrible QB in the traditional sense and I wouldn't be excited about my chances of winning a Superbowl with him at the helm.

    There have been times on here that it would seem like members have tried shoving their religious, political, sports, music, movies, tv, etc. views on others. What's the difference? I'm not going to choose to love or hate someone over it.
    75center likes this.

  5. #25
    Moderator rockmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Hudson, KY-Quietest Place in the State
    Posts
    48,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    I'll never be able to understand the extreme love/hate for Tebow, either side. I'd like to see Tebow do well, as I believe he is a good man and could be viewed as a great role model. Faith may have shaped him, but why focus only on that? If he wants to convey a message through football and his works, fine by me. I'm not going to suddenly find myself closer to God because of Tebow, but I'm also not going to view him in a negative light because of it.

    On the flip side, I'll never blindly follow Tebow or praise his QB skills. He's a terrible QB in the traditional sense and I wouldn't be excited about my chances of winning a Superbowl with him at the helm.

    There have been times on here that it would seem like members have tried shoving their religious, political, sports, music, movies, tv, etc. views on others. What's the difference? I'm not going to choose to love or hate someone over it.
    I personally love anyone who can be successful in a non-traditional way. I respect the HECK out of people who can do that. That's the main reason I root so hard for him. I also admire people who have strong convictions and are true to those...even when I don't agree with them. That's why I am on the Tebow bandwagon.

  6. #26
    Premium Member formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    23,628
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    I personally love anyone who can be successful in a non-traditional way. I respect the HECK out of people who can do that. That's the main reason I root so hard for him. I also admire people who have strong convictions and are true to those...even when I don't agree with them. That's why I am on the Tebow bandwagon.
    What about the Westboro Baptist Church folks?
    Deimos and AverageJoesGym like this.

  7. #27
    Moderator rockmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Hudson, KY-Quietest Place in the State
    Posts
    48,052
    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    What about the Westboro Baptist Church folks?
    While I admire their conviction, I disagree intensely with their premise.

  8. #28
    Premium Member formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    23,628
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    While I admire their conviction, I disagree intensely with their premise.
    I think you may be the only non-Westboro Baptist Church member who has ever said they admire ANY part of them.

  9. #29
    Moderator rockmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Hudson, KY-Quietest Place in the State
    Posts
    48,052
    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    I think you may be the only non-Westboro Baptist Church member who has ever said they admire ANY part of them.
    Maybe admiration isn't the right word...but it's the best one I have.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    9,141
    To help with RockMom, we are told to warn others of their Sins, if we do we will be blessed by God, not to warn them their blood will be on our hands. The Westboro folks (not calling them a church) are warning others of sins of Homosexuals but are going about it in the worst way to do this. We do not condone any type of this kind behavier. Rocko if I'm wrong on this, sorry.

  11. #31
    Premium Member UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    On the Path to #4...
    Posts
    42,806
    ^I guess my question to that would be, why is it any of your (general you, not you AL) business what others views on homosexuality is?

  12. #32
    Moderator rockmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Hudson, KY-Quietest Place in the State
    Posts
    48,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Larry View Post
    To help with RockMom, we are told to warn others of their Sins, if we do we will be blessed by God, not to warn them their blood will be on our hands. The Westboro folks (not calling them a church) are warning others of sins of Homosexuals but are going about it in the worst way to do this. We do not condone any type of this kind behavier. Rocko if I'm wrong on this, sorry.
    Although not an issue where we're lockstep in agreement, I get what you're saying and that is kind of what I'm talking about.

  13. #33
    Premium Member Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    You lookin' at me? YOU LOOKIN' AT ME?!?!
    Posts
    44,310
    Those of you who think it's Tebow in a slam-dunk are forgetting my years of needling at Peyton for his lack of ability in the clutch, among other tragic flaws. Also not to be downplayed is my raised brow at the "rabid" Indianapolis Colts fanbase who don't seem to recall Eric Dickerson. Just sayin' ...

  14. #34
    Premium Member jvdfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    7,646
    So where is the "Who Cares" box to check?

  15. #35
    Premium Member Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    You lookin' at me? YOU LOOKIN' AT ME?!?!
    Posts
    44,310
    Quote Originally Posted by jvdfc View Post
    So where is the "Who Cares" box to check?
    Sorry, not an option …

  16. #36
    Moderator mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    35,771
    I vote for Don Henley.

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    9,141
    No way anyone could hate a Eagle.

  18. #38
    Premium Member Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    You lookin' at me? YOU LOOKIN' AT ME?!?!
    Posts
    44,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Larry View Post
    No way anyone could hate a Eagle.
    I have a tendency to defy conventional wisdom. Oh, and the Eagles suck. And I'm not alone in this regard, because they're kind of like Tebow in that you either really, really love them, or really, really despise them. The scale's equal.
    UKMustangFan likes this.

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Location
    Lexington / Edgewood
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    Those of you who think it's Tebow in a slam-dunk are forgetting my years of needling at Peyton for his lack of ability in the clutch, among other tragic flaws. Also not to be downplayed is my raised brow at the "rabid" Indianapolis Colts fanbase who don't seem to recall Eric Dickerson. Just sayin' ...
    Does therein lie the answer to the poll, or merely a clarification that the answer is not as easy as one might think? I'm curious when you'll give the people what they want, Jim.

  20. #40
    Premium Member Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    You lookin' at me? YOU LOOKIN' AT ME?!?!
    Posts
    44,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlatan View Post
    Does therein lie the answer to the poll, or merely a clarification that the answer is not as easy as one might think? I'm curious when you'll give the people what they want, Jim.
    I need more input from the people ...