Paul Guenther to the Redskins?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,545

    Paul Guenther to the Redskins?

    Apparently according to Bengals.com Pauly G was to become the Redskins new DC, but the Bengals denied the Redskins permission to have him. Pauly G and Jay Gruden are very close friends. So it is interesting that he would want to leave, if the bengals would have allowed it. Which I am sure a lot of people wish he left since many don't seem to like him around here.

    However since he took over as DC. The Bengals have given up the 4th least amount of points in the NFL during that span and also have led the league in interceptions. I don't think he is as bad as some may think. He may not be Zimmer but he isn't bad either.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Hellbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,097

    The problem Guenther has is he followed our best DC we ever had. It's like following Bill Walsh, unless you can repeat what the former coach did you will always be looked at as not that good.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,545

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    The problem Guenther has is he followed our best DC we ever had. It's like following Bill Walsh, unless you can repeat what the former coach did you will always be looked at as not that good.
    Very well said. Just like you don't want to be the Coach to follow Calipari at UK.

  4. #4
    OlDog75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Sittin' in the stands above the 50 yard line.
    Posts
    8,736

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    The problem Guenther has is he followed our best DC we ever had. It's like following Bill Walsh, unless you can repeat what the former coach did you will always be looked at as not that good.
    However in both instances, the Bengals could have kept them. Especially wonder what would have happened had Walsh been given the job over Tiger Johnson. And in my opinion Zimmer should be leading this team now.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,545

    Quote Originally Posted by OlDog75 View Post
    However in both instances, the Bengals could have kept them. Especially wonder what would have happened had Walsh been given the job over Tiger Johnson. And in my opinion Zimmer should be leading this team now.
    To be fair as much as we all love Zimmer. He has had 3 seasons as a head coach, 2 years not making the playoffs and 1 year being knocked out in the first round. Sounds pretty similar to our current situation lol.

    In fact if the Falcons lose next week. All of Lewis's former head coaches have lost in the 1st round since they left in Gruden and Zimmer. Also all key players from the last 5 years who moved on in Marvin Jones, Reggie Nelson, Leon Hall have lost in the 1st round. Luckily Sanu as a bye, however if the Falcons lose he also still wouldn't know what it's like to win a playoff game. The Bengals playoff curse is now following people.

  6. #6
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    125,991

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    To be fair as much as we all love Zimmer. He has had 3 seasons as a head coach, 2 years not making the playoffs and 1 year being knocked out in the first round. Sounds pretty similar to our current situation lol.

    In fact if the Falcons lose next week. All of Lewis's former head coaches have lost in the 1st round since they left in Gruden and Zimmer. Also all key players from the last 5 years who moved on in Marvin Jones, Reggie Nelson, Leon Hall have lost in the 1st round. Luckily Sanu as a bye, however if the Falcons lose he also still wouldn't know what it's like to win a playoff game. The Bengals playoff curse is now following people.
    Scary thoughts @futurecoach

Top Paul Guenther to the Redskins?