Patriots vs. Rams (Super Bowl LIII)

Page 2 of Should be a great one in two weeks in Atlanta. Looking forward to it. What does everyone else think about it?... 28 comments | 848 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Pats vs Rams Who Wins?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patriots

    17 85.00%
  • Rams

    3 15.00%
  1. #16
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Buckeye Lake, Ohio
    Posts
    41,491

    I would love to see the Pats not only win, but do it with a shutout.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    nkuclubbaseball19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    11,225

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    It would be unbelievable...for the Rams to not see the ball again it would have to end 30-24
    Pats run a 15 minute OT drive and kick the game winner as time expires. 27-24

  3. #18
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,547

    Brady playing the no respect card, come on dude.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    17,472

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Brady playing the no respect card, come on dude.
    Must be something about the region. The Celtics used to claim it all the time.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    678

    Quote Originally Posted by nkuclubbaseball19 View Post
    Pats run a 15 minute OT drive and kick the game winner as time expires. 27-24
    Hypothetic and it would be difficult but in the playoffs, that wouldn't end the game, would it? The other team would get the ball. There is essentially no game clock in overtime in the playoffs.

  6. #21
    nkuclubbaseball19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    11,225

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Hypothetic and it would be difficult but in the playoffs, that wouldn't end the game, would it? The other team would get the ball. There is essentially no game clock in overtime in the playoffs.
    It is a 15 minute timed quarter. I know the “other team gets a chance on a FG” portion of the rule but I’m not sure how that would play out if the time expires. It could be as simple as going to the second OT period but we've never seen it before. Probably never will as a 15 minute drive would be absurd.

  7. #22
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,397

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Brady playing the no respect card, come on dude.
    Come on now. From being the preseason betting favorites to win the Super Bowl, and then beat a team in the conference finals you beat earlier this season. Nobody saw this coming. Miracles can come true!

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    678

    Quote Originally Posted by nkuclubbaseball19 View Post
    It is a 15 minute timed quarter. I know the “other team gets a chance on a FG” portion of the rule but I’m not sure how that would play out if the time expires. It could be as simple as going to the second OT period but we've never seen it before. Probably never will as a 15 minute drive would be absurd.
    But they're not playing a quarter. If the second possession went to the end of the 15 minutes, it would not end the game. That is my understanding of it with the new OT rule. Both teams must possess it but it's sudden death after that, so time on the clock is irrelavent.

  9. #24
    SLINK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Fight On!!!
    Posts
    11,708

    LA Rams 31-28.

  10. #25
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,149

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Come on now. From being the preseason betting favorites to win the Super Bowl, and then beat a team in the conference finals you beat earlier this season. Nobody saw this coming. Miracles can come true!
    I mean I get where you’re coming from but everyone was counting them out from about week 12 or so on. All the “talking heads” and “experts” were saying the Chargers would beat them.

    Then there was no way they’d win in Arrowhead against the greatest QB of all time in Patrick Mahomes.

  11. #26
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,397

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I mean I get where you’re coming from but everyone was counting them out from about week 12 or so on. All the “talking heads” and “experts” were saying the Chargers would beat them.

    Then there was no way they’d win in Arrowhead against the greatest QB of all time in Patrick Mahomes.
    Obviously my statement was tongue-in-cheek, but New England was favored against the Chargers (I thought that game was the lock of the century) and were a FG underdog against Kansas City, which means they were seen as a dead-even team. Going into the final week I know KC was on pace to have the worst rushing defense in NFL history.

    No doubt New England was vulnerable this year, but my surprise level on them winning a nail-biter at KC is low. It was impressive, make not mistake. But when you have the greatest QB of all time that has played in these games more times than Mahomes has played games, I was not shocked.

    Players, teams, and coaches are always searching for that added layer of motivation, though. Nothing new here.

    So to transition, will the Rams get tired of hearing how they are a fraudulent winner and turn that into their "nobody believes in us" motivation against the Pats?

  12. #27
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,676

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I mean I get where you’re coming from but everyone was counting them out from about week 12 or so on. All the “talking heads” and “experts” were saying the Chargers would beat them.

    Then there was no way they’d win in Arrowhead against the greatest QB of all time in Patrick Mahomes.
    So because they weren't favored in every game they can claim disrespect? That's pretty weak. They have been favored in probably 98% of games they've played in during the Brady/Bill era. They can literally never claim disrespect in that regard.

  13. #28
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,397

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    So because they weren't favored in every game they can claim disrespect? That's pretty weak. They have been favored in probably 98% of games they've played in during the Brady/Bill era. They can literally never claim disrespect in that regard.
    Before Sunday, the last time the Patriots were underdogs in a game was Week 1 of 2016, when Brady was suspended. The last time Brady was an underdog was in 2014. That's remarkable.

    The Super Bowl opened with the Rams as a slight favorite, but that quickly shifted to New England being favored.

  14. #29
    TheLoyalFan859's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 18
    Location
    Kenton Co. / Boone Co. / Campbell Co.
    Posts
    40

    31-27 Pats.

Top