Packers 38 Giants 13

Page 3 of Final Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 43 comments | 579 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    37,456

    The secondary is not as good as the Giants, but Dallas's secondary is solid. They have the #5 scoring defense. Their success is predicated upon controlling the clock.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    8,538

    Cobb being back was big for the Pack.........I had kind of forgotten how good he is.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    900

    I'm kind of confused about the rule of hitting a defensless player with the crown of the helmet rule. The hit on Jordy was not called a penalty on the field, but the ref in the booth said it should have been called. Ok, it's a penalty to hit the player in the head and shoulder area and now it's a penalty to include the ribs. At this rate we will see NFL flag football at it's finest.

  4. #34
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    18,273

    Quote Originally Posted by JAIL BIRD View Post
    I'm kind of confused about the rule of hitting a defensless player with the crown of the helmet rule. The hit on Jordy was not called a penalty on the field, but the ref in the booth said it should have been called. Ok, it's a penalty to hit the player in the head and shoulder area and now it's a penalty to include the ribs. At this rate we will see NFL flag football at it's finest.
    It is a penalty to lead with the crown of your helmet. Nelson was in a position to be considered defenseless and the defensive player drilled him with the top of his helmet in the ribs. Do you believe that shouldn't against the rules? It's completely unsafe for both players.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    900

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    It is a penalty to lead with the crown of your helmet. Nelson was in a position to be considered defenseless and the defensive player drilled him with the top of his helmet in the ribs. Do you believe that shouldn't against the rules? It's completely unsafe for both players.
    I don't really care either way. Just seems odd that all of the zebras on the field saw the hit and didn't throw a flag. Either the refs don't know the rules or they are all blind.

  6. #36
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    18,273

    Quote Originally Posted by JAIL BIRD View Post
    I don't really care either way. Just seems odd that all of the zebras on the field saw the hit and didn't throw a flag. Either the refs don't know the rules or they are all blind.
    Odd? Only if this is the first call ever missed. Ask Cam if the refs ever miss illegal hit calls.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    900

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    Odd? Only if this is the first call ever missed. Ask Cam if the refs ever miss illegal hit calls.
    The play happened on the GB side of the field. None of the GB players or coaches were jumping up and down or screaming for a flag. Is the official in the booth the only one that knows the rules, including the coaches and players?

    How does the NFL expect the players to abide by the rules, if they don't know the rules themselves?

    I get where you are coming from. If that had happened in the Bengals/ Steelers game both benches would have emptied.

  8. #38
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    18,273

    Don't know what to tell, they just missed it. It happens. Even the commentators said after the second replay that they didn't see it the first time around. Unless you are disagreeing with me that it's a penalty I'm not really sure what your looking for.

  9. #39
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    80,266

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    Odd? Only if this is the first call ever missed. Ask Cam if the refs ever miss illegal hit calls.
    Cam Newton couldn't believe they threw a flag on Bud Dupree.

  10. #40
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    80,266

    Is bruised ribs an actual injury? I saw that Jordy spent the night at the hospital and they haven't said what the injury is they just said if he doesn't practice on Saturday then he won't play. He'll be rehabbing all week through Friday and attempt to practice Saturday in order to play on Sunday.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    900

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Is bruised ribs an actual injury? I saw that Jordy spent the night at the hospital and they haven't said what the injury is they just said if he doesn't practice on Saturday then he won't play. He'll be rehabbing all week through Friday and attempt to practice Saturday in order to play on Sunday.
    Hope Jordy is ok, and wish him a speedy recovery.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    900

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    Don't know what to tell, they just missed it. It happens. Even the commentators said after the second replay that they didn't see it the first time around. Unless you are disagreeing with me that it's a penalty I'm not really sure what your looking for.
    I'm not looking for anything. Just want clarification about the rule. I've never heard about the rib area, it's always been the head and neck area. If the defender leads with the crown of the helmet and hits Jordy in the thigh, is that a penalty or not.

    I think Jordy had the pass to him broken up by a DB before the hit, which could have made Jordy more vulnerable, or is that even relevant?

  13. #43
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    80,266

    Quote Originally Posted by JAIL BIRD View Post
    I'm not looking for anything. Just want clarification about the rule. I've never heard about the rib area, it's always been the head and neck area. If the defender leads with the crown of the helmet and hits Jordy in the thigh, is that a penalty or not.

    I think Jordy had the pass to him broken up by a DB before the hit, which could have made Jordy more vulnerable, or is that even relevant?
    I believe later in the broadcast the referee they have on standby for rule clarification said that it should have been a penalty because the defender led with his head as well as hitting a defenseless receiver.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    900

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I believe later in the broadcast the referee they have on standby for rule clarification said that it should have been a penalty because the defender led with his head as well as hitting a defenseless receiver.
    Thanks.

Top