Off-Season Mega Thread

Page 4 of If it's not preferred I could make separate threads but some topics might not get a lot of traction. Things are starting to heat up in the off-season. ... 81 comments | 3336 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,397

    I’d say this solidified Barkley at 1 and the best QB left at 4?
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,533

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    I’d say this solidified Barkley at 1 and the best QB left at 4?
    I agree.

  3. #48
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,711

    Browns are very active and I love it. They picked up a receiver from Miami, Jarvis Landry, that caught 400 passes in the last 4 seasons, 220 of those catches were for a first down. He also has played in 3 consecutive Pro Bowls.

    They add a young DB from the Packers, Damarious Randall and in exchange for DeShone Kizer. The Browns badly need help in the secondary and DeShone Kizer badly needed a change of scenery. I think this is good for him to sit and learn behind Aaron Rogers. He was thrown into the fire last year in Cleveland and got burned.

    And they added a bridge QB until their soon-to-be draft pick is ready, Tyrod Taylor from the Bills. He does not throw interceptions, is very athletic, accurate--4 INTs last season, and has proven to be durable. He will win some games but he has a ceiling.

    And after all that, the Browns still have all 5 of their picks in the first two rounds.

    GM John Dorsey done good today.

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    I’d say this solidified Barkley at 1 and the best QB left at 4?
    I think this tips the Browns hand in the draft and it's not Barkley #1. They have a QB they like in the draft and they will take him #1. This is what made Kizer expendable. At #4 they will take the best available player at a position of need. This could be Barkley. It could be Minkah Fitzpatrick. Or another player they have identified as a can't miss.

    I feel good about what is happening.

  4. #49
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,251

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgrappler View Post
    Browns are very active and I love it. They picked up a receiver from Miami, Jarvis Landry, that caught 400 passes in the last 4 seasons, 220 of those catches were for a first down. He also has played in 3 consecutive Pro Bowls.

    They add a young DB from the Packers, Damarious Randall and in exchange for DeShone Kizer. The Browns badly need help in the secondary and DeShone Kizer badly needed a change of scenery. I think this is good for him to sit and learn behind Aaron Rogers. He was thrown into the fire last year in Cleveland and got burned.

    And they added a bridge QB until their soon-to-be draft pick is ready, Tyrod Taylor from the Bills. He does not throw interceptions, is very athletic, accurate--4 INTs last season, and has proven to be durable. He will win some games but he has a ceiling.

    And after all that, the Browns still have all 5 of their picks in the first two rounds.

    GM John Dorsey done good today.



    I think this tips the Browns hand in the draft and it's not Barkley #1. They have a QB they like in the draft and they will take him #1. This is what made Kizer expendable. At #4 they will take the best available player at a position of need. This could be Barkley. It could be Minkah Fitzpatrick. Or another player they have identified as a can't miss.

    I feel good about what is happening.
    I could see it going either way but if they like a QB, they better take him 1 and not risk it. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants take a QB, and then see someone trade up to 3 and take one as well.

    Also wouldn't be surprised to see the giants take Barkley, Nelson, or anyone.

  5. #50
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,251

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    Id say this solidified Barkley at 1 and the best QB left at 4?
    Tyrod Taylor ain't changing anyone's mind about drafting a QB.

  6. #51

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,533

    I think the Browns draft Barkley first and then get Lamar Jackson with the other first round pick.

  7. #52
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    152,709

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    Pacman's deal wasn't bad at all, but he's no longer the #1 corner on the team & they've drafted 3 CB's in the first round in the last several years.

    I think the Bengals may make an effort to re sign him for less.
    I am all for it at the league minimum.

  8. #53
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,397

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    I think the Browns draft Barkley first and then get Lamar Jackson with the other first round pick.
    The Browns will not do that at #4

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    922

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    I think the Browns draft Barkley first and then get Lamar Jackson with the other first round pick.
    Jackson to play what wide receiver?

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,819

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    I think the Browns draft Barkley first and then get Lamar Jackson with the other first round pick.
    So you think the Browns should take Lamar Jackson with the 4th overall pick in the draft? Ok then...

  11. #56
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,251

    Giants release their punter Brad Wing.

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,533

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    So you think the Browns should take Lamar Jackson with the 4th overall pick in the draft? Ok then...
    Let him sit behind Taylor and learn.

  13. #58

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,533

    49ers are trying to sign Sherman.

  14. #59

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,819

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Let him sit behind Taylor and learn.
    With the 4th overall pick? Ok then...

  15. #60

    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    hills
    Posts
    1,359

    I could see the Browns taking Barkley at 1 and another impact player at 4 and taking either Mayfield or Jackson with their 1st 2nd rd pick.

Top